Highlighted
bubblypaws
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Allocating one payment from a sweep account to multiple client invoices

We receive payments into our bank account from a sweep account when people use cc to pay us. Often it's more then 2 or 3 clients per lump payment. 

We are unable to connect our bank account to MYOB as it's with ING, nor can we download statements from ING or the sweep account in the right format to download to MYOB. So my question is, how do I enter the lump payment and allocate it to each client it covers? 

When I tried using Banking > Receive Money, I was able to enter the payments and put the clients in, but when I looked at the unpaid invoice statement, they were still marked unpaid. I tried reconciling, and they were still there then too.

Previously I was entering payment on each individual invoice, separating out the amount owed on the lump payment, but I would have thought it would be easier to put in the lump payment and allocate the amount to multiple client invoices. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
534 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

534Posts

77Kudos

69Solutions

Re: Allocating one payment from a sweep account to multiple client invoices

Hi @bubblypaws 

Invoice payments do need to be applied to the individual invoices through Sales>>Take Payments. 

If you were wanting the payments to appear as a lump sum in the bank reconciliation you could create a clearing account. When you record the payment you would change the Into Account to the clearing account. Then record a Receive Money transaction for the lump sum to your bank account from the clearing account.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post