Allocation of Part Payment of Invoices from a single payment.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Allocation of Part Payment of Invoices from a single payment.

Hi All, I have a problem, which despite much research I am unable to find a solution. By way of back-ground we are a small company which provides  medical services to patients. We use MYOB for Accounting and a proprietory billing package to generate and issue invoices to patients. we also use the bank feed facility. The billing organisation issues a Detailed Payments Report on a daily basis.

Recently we issued two invoices for, say $300 each.  Both patients paid $100 each. However the billing organisation combined both payments and deposited $200 into our bank account which eventually ended up in our amounts to be allocated as $200. As both payments were part payments I am unable to allocate $100 to each patient as MYOB wants to allocate the $200 to one patient only.

I would greatly appreciate some suggestions as to how to solve this somewhat unusual situation. Sorry for the lengthy preamble

Regards

TT

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
38,281 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,281Posts

5,210Kudos

5,620Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Allocation of Part Payment of Invoices from a single payment.

Hi @Anjay 

The way I would go about matching that bank transaction to what has occurred in real life is:

1. Go to Sales>>Take payments and record the first payment amount - ensure that you enter the appropriate amount in the Payment amount field.
  2. Repeat the process for the second payment amount - ensuring that you enter the appropriate amount in the Payment amount field in the Take payments window.

What the above process will do is place a payment against the invoices to show that partial payment has been made and also create the necessary bank transactions in your bank account. You can then go to Banking>>Bank transactions, choose the required bank transaction, select Match transaction before selecting to match that bank transaction with that of the Customer (Take) Payment transactions you have manually recorded:

Attachment.PNG

Note: You would likely need to select Filter by All transactions to see those customer payment transactions to match to.

Attachment2.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Allocation of Part Payment of Invoices from a single payment.

Hi Stephen, Thank you for a very clear and concise response. Problem now sorted. Much appreciated!

All the best.

Regards.

TT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post