Annual Leave Accrual

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Tyrepower
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Annual Leave Accrual

I have a couple of employees that were not correctly set up in the initial stages for their entitlements and their annual leave has not been accruing correctly. 

They have been set up as normal holiday and sick pay accrual but should be salary accruals. These a very long time employees and it has only just been picked up.

Is there a way to fix this error? 

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,533 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

4,533Posts

3,280Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Annual Leave Accrual

@Tyrepower

Holidays are such a touchy subject and it is always easy to offend, so my first comment is hasten slowly.

What is wrong with the accrual - too much or too little? 

How far back do you need to go?

Do you have a record of leave taken other than what is on the current MYOB file? Hard copy leave applications, early copies of payslips. You need something to build up a leave taken profile for these employees. The other option is that you need to look at landmark backups that were made when the file rolled over - financial not payroll. This is not an easy task and will have it problems, but it can be done.

Salary accruals - that is normally same accrual each week regardless of hours worked and is best used where the employees are full time. Basic rule is for a 38 hour week the accrual must equal 152 hours per annum ( 40 hr = 160hr). Accruals often go off the rails because people forget to exempt various things like Overtime/s, HLL, and allowances that have an hourly base. By the sound of things this is not going to be your problem. 

Is there a way to fix this error?  

Yes - we just need to define the error. 

Can I suggest that in reviewing your file you also consider Long Service Leave for these very long term employees.

It may be time to call in some outside assistance in the form of an MYOB Certified Consultant with expertise in payroll.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Tyrepower
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Annual Leave Accrual

I thought the exact same thing! Although my MYOB skills are advanced I knew just by looking at it that it was going to be a headache. I will certainly be calling in some help to sort this one out.

I appreciate your advice Ron! Thanks so much Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post