Another Price Increase

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kethrym
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Another Price Increase

Keep increasing the price and you will lose this customer

Started 2103 using this product in April 2103 for $29.00 per month – Payroll and Invoicing

Increased to $40 in November 2014 – Further increase in April 2016 to $45.

I wish I had a captive market that I could increase the price over 55% in under 3 years

10 REPLIES 10
victoria22
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Another Price Increase

Not to mention the bank feed excess transaction fees that are being introduced...

AlanT
Partner
2,160 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,160Posts

1,640Kudos

420Solutions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP2irJqkl20&feature=youtu.be

http://investors.myob.com.au/FormBuilder/_Resource/_module/HhW--OHCfU-MPYnMov-UPA/documents/MYOB_Ann...

EBITA for 2015 was up 19%

Revenue was up 10%

Number of users on subscription up 8%

But still they need to increase their fees by a minimum of 10% *and* charge for bank feeds.

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution.
If you found it helpful, please click the thumbs up.
Suja_P
Community Manager
5,976 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,976Posts

2,253Kudos

477Solutions

Hi @kethrym,

Thank you for your feedback.

The price of subscription for most of our products typically goes up around this time of the year. This has not been the case with Essentials, as we've maintained the base cost for using Essentials at $29.00 until this recent change.

This past year our Essentials customers have had numerous updates, with features and enhancements like, Invoice tracking, Budgets and Customising profit and loss reporting to name a few. And looking at the roadmap for the product I can assure you that we have a lot more exciting new functions and features that are planned for the year ahead.

Therefore, while this may seem like a substantial increase we are confident that your subscription will continue to deliver great value.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
282 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

282Posts

32Kudos

2Solutions

@victoria22 wrote:

Not to mention the bank feed excess transaction fees that are being introduced...

thats put me off using bank feedsSmiley Mad

Gert
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Suja, how can you explain a 20% price increase as a ‘small adjustment’? Non of the functionality upgrades you mention justify this. On the contrary, some of the new functionality is a step back from the older version in ease of use.

As a customer, I feel that the use of 'small adjustment' is quite misleading and a bit sarcastic.

It's just a trigger to start looking for alternative software packages for the new financial year. You might benefit a couple of months your 20 percent increase, but long term you will be losing existing customers and new customers should be warned.

Regards,

Gert

TheSeatShop
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

15Kudos

1Solutions

As soon as I started reading the email about all the features of Essentials I knew that it was a price rise announcement.

Also, let's not mess about. It's not an adjustment, it's an increase.

My rent doesn't get 'adjusted' by 20%.

kethrym
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

The price increase prompted me to look around. I am a very small business that use Invoicing and Payroll and a few reports. There are a number of alternatives that are close to a quarter of the price at the moment that suit my needs. So unfortunately I will be migrating my data over the next few months ready for the new financial year witha new accounting package.

Suja_P
Community Manager
5,976 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Community Manager

5,976Posts

2,253Kudos

477Solutions

Hi @Gert, @TheSeatShop and @kethrym,

Thank you all for your feedback. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I understand your concerns about the recent price rise and appreciate that this change may seem significant to you.

As mentioned in my previous responses, we do typically increase the cost of subscription for most of our products around this time each year.

The changes are based on a number of factors, including but not limited to the value that has been delivered to our clients in the past year, by way of features and enhancements; and linking the value that our customers gets out of the tools that we provide, to the price that they pay. 

Considering these we are confident that you will still find excellent value in your Essentials subscription. That said, I have passed on your feedback regarding the price rise as well as those regarding the wording of the message to the relevant team.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

PartnersInTax
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Throughout this thread the MYOB responses still haven't acknowledged that their use of the term 'small price increase' is completely inappropriate and misleading.  If you are intent on a significant price increase on the basis that the product is better then you need to be honest with us.

My sense is that customers feel disrespected. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post