MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Assigning Bank Feed Spending for GST amounts higher than 10% (ie 100% = ONLY GST)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User GRNerd
16 Posts
Contributing User
GRNerd
Contributing User

16Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Assigning Bank Feed Spending for GST amounts higher than 10% (ie 100% = ONLY GST)

MYOB Essentials only allows you to assign GST amounts UP TO 10% for spending.

Unfortunately, since July, eBay now often sends 2 seperate bills when overseas products bought:

* 1st Debit is for Item amount (GST free)

* 2nd Debit s for Australian Law GST amount (ie 10% of above price)

Essentials allows entry of 1st Debit amount as "GST FREE" = Good

Essentials currently does NOT entry of 2st Debit amount as no "100% GST" = Bad

Instead current work around is a doing a long 5 minute "Spend Money" complicated entry workaround then assigning that to the Bank Feed

(With GST catagory the most you can assign of an amount is 10% with nomanual override)

Also Import Tax and Duty payments suffer the same issue that they cannot be entered cleanly into Essentials as GST tax amount is > 10% also 

Please add a manual override to higher than 10% (with suitable warning ok)

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,118 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28118Posts

3316Kudos

4137Solutions

Re: Assigning Bank Feed Spending for GST amounts higher than 10% (ie 100% = ONLY GST)

Hi @GRNerd

To record GST only transactions you would generally debit the first line to be the grossed up amount with the GST tax type added. On the second line of the transaction, you would have the same account selected with a value that reduces the total value with a zero-rated GST code i.e. 

Attachment.PNG

In terms of allowing the tax value to be changed, while we do see there are benefits for allowing that the GST value to be changed, to my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to update the system to allow for the tax values to be updated.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing User GRNerd
16 Posts
Contributing User
GRNerd
Contributing User

16Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Assigning Bank Feed Spending for GST amounts higher than 10% (ie 100% = ONLY GST)

I have tried this an can see a real bug with MYOB now.

Entered details in CreateBill and looks ok (+1.10 Inc GST, -1.00 NTR -> GST 0.10, Total 0.10 ie Correct)

BUT when you click PRINT button on this same page the Total CHANGES to 2.10 (ie seems to sum all item amounts as positives even thought the 2nd item was entered andshown as a negative)

See the two imagesScreenshot - 23_07_2018 , 10_15_36.pngScreenshot - 23_07_2018 , 10_34_30.png

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,118 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28118Posts

3316Kudos

4137Solutions

Hi @GRNerd

We are aware of an issue that does affect the printing of Bills in MYOB Essentials where negative lines are included. If a negative line is shown on the bill that particular value will be shown on the printed copy as a positive value and also be increasing the Bill's value (rather than decrease). This has been something that we have passed across to the required team to investigate further for a future release of the product.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User GRNerd
16 Posts
Contributing User
GRNerd
Contributing User

16Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven

Thanks - This to me seems like a big bug but a "simple" fix.

I hope the bug is addressed with some speed.

Please confirm that the bug only effects the PRINT out and that it does not adversly effect the MYOB running totals.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
28,118 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

28118Posts

3316Kudos

4137Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @GRNerd

The situation is a cosmetic error with the print out the correct values will be posted to the accounts and reported as such.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing User GRNerd
16 Posts
Contributing User
GRNerd
Contributing User

16Posts

17Kudos

1Solutions

Many thanks - Please reply to this post once fixed.

(Any idea on approx time frame)

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post