Aw, Snap!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User RubyMoon
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Aw, Snap!

Complicated invoices and bills that you are almost finished with and suddenly you get "aw, snap!"

I have tried clearing caches and cookies and settings.  I have tried updating Chrome and I have tried flushing the DNS.

It only happens with Chrome and it only happens with MYOB.  I refuse to use other browsers.

This is not just one computer, this is 3 different computers.  It is also a recent problem.

Please give me a solution???

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,221 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,221Posts

1,041Kudos

892Solutions

Re: Aw, Snap!

Hi @RubyMoon

Looks like you've tried all the major things, from checking our end there does not look to be any issues from the servers so it looks like it's a fringe case at this stage.

Unfortunately Aw Snap messages aren't as easy to troubleshoot as there doesn't seem to be a very specific thing it's having a problem with and I can't provide a direct solution so we're going to need to test a few things to find out what it might be.

As you're not able to test other browsers we're a bit limited with what we can try, what we could do is try using an Incognito Tab in Chrome to see if this works as this should be using a different set of caches and should not use any Extensions by default.

If you go to the Options Menu in the top right and choose New Incognito Window, then attempt to go to:

https://essentials.myob.com.au

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Highlighted
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Um, it's not a fringe problem.  I see other users compiaing on your forum AND I have tested other browsers.  Please read my post carefully.  It only does it with Chrome and it only does it with MYOB.

This is a problem from your side and as per usual, you guys are pleading ignorance.

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,221 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,221Posts

1,041Kudos

892Solutions

Hi @RubyMoon

I had noted that you also mentioned: 

@RubyMoon wrote:

I refuse to use other browsers. 

I had assumed that this also meant that you had not tested any other browsers and worked accordingly. From your description that this only happens in Chrome suggests that this is something in Chrome.

I've checked with other Users that have had issues in the past and those who reported back mentioned that they are working without error which had lead me to believe that this is not a wide-spread issue. There was only 1 report yesterday however I have not yet heard back from them and they had not contacted our call centre.

As the issue only presents itself on your environment, we can only provide some suggestions to look into that can help us identify the issue as there is no direct solution at this stage.

Can I ask if you still encountered the issue after loading an Incognito Tab in Chrome?

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Highlighted
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

35Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

I refuse to use other browsers means that I will not change over to IE like you have told me to in the past when I struggled with bugs in your system.

I also thought flushing the dns would help and it did - for a day and a half.

Statistically speaking for every 20 that have a problem, only one complains.  Maybe the others just changed over to a different browaser and are happy with it?

I tried to initially contact your call centre.  Over half an hour wait - not a chance! 

I will try working in an incognito tab and I will let you know.

Cheers

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,221 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,221Posts

1,041Kudos

892Solutions

Hi @RubyMoon

Thanks for clarifying, I understand your meaning now. I have reached out to some others who I know use Chrome and I'm just waiting for them to reach out, though from my own testing on other connection points it seems to work correctly and there haven't yet been a continuous amount of reports in the Call Centres though I'm keeping an eye on on it just in case.

From thinking about it, there was an incident on Wednesday this week where those in the Wellington area using Vodafone as their ISP they were unable to use any MYOB service as the ISP itself had an outage connecting to some services using AWS. Could I check if you also use Vodafone?

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User MrsC1965
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

I'm in Australia having exactly the same problem with MYOB Essentials and Chrome.  It ONLY happens with MYOB.

It's driving me crazy, I've done so much troubleshooting but nothing works to fix the problem.

I thought it was our connection, I've harrassed my internet provider who've said no issues with connection.

I've lost large complex invoices that I was working on while I verified information from another source, now I have to keep saving everything so it's changed how I work and is wasting my time.

Please investigate, it's probably more widespread that you think, I've had it for days but thought it was us like probably alot of other users.

Regards

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User Biospawn
33 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

33Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

This is happening to me as well and I've noticed a couple of threads recently with the same issue.

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/ME-Chrome-Aw-Snap/m-p/562933/highlight/fals...

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/Kicked-off-mid-Quote/td-p/560694

As a test I've kept task manager open in the background to keep an eye on CPU and memory usage,

and had no other web pages open.

My memory usage hovers around 400-500MB

Everything seems normal, then as I'm typing in an invoice, completely randomly the memory usage starts to climb at about 10MB a second.

I stopped typing and sat back to watch it climb to 4400MB (I have 16GB)

At this point I get the Aww Snapp message, the memory clear and I can start again.

I have checked this again with other tabs open and they are unaffected no matter what website they are on, only MYOB Essentials TABs close.

Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,221 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,221Posts

1,041Kudos

892Solutions

Hi @MrsC1965 , @RubyMoon  & @Biospawn 

I can see from our incident reports there was an issue on Saturday with how one of the dependencies were loading which can cause this kind of problem in Chrome.

They report this issue has since been fixed, could you confirm if you're still getting this kind of problem for me? As this may be related.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User Biospawn
33 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

33Posts

19Kudos

3Solutions

I just logged in and created an invoice, after the third line the memory climb issue started again.

Closed the MYOB tab and the issue stopped.

I am using the latest Chrome build on Windows 10.  Version 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post