Bank Feeds Linked Account Error - Live Services Cannot Merge Bank Feed Accounts

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Feeds Linked Account Error - Live Services Cannot Merge Bank Feed Accounts

I have two loan accounts I would like to select the linked account for in manage bank feeds. The feeds have been connected in the file and are active, however when I go to select the linked account from the chart for the loan accounts in my chart of accounts, I get an error - LiveServicesCannotMergeBankFeedAccounts

I am unsure how to fix this?

In my chart of accounts these accounts are set up as credit cards as they are liability accounts. I attempted to see if making them a bank account would fix this issue, however this was not an option to change. I have existing imports and coding I have completed for these accounts so I really would prefer not to need to start from scratch.

MYOB error code.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,277 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,277Posts

1,573Kudos

1,878Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds Linked Account Error - Live Services Cannot Merge Bank Feed Accounts

Hi @bluediamondred 

Within MYOB Essentials, bank feeds can only be linked on a 1 to 1 basis. So one bank feed can only be linked to one account in your chart of accounts, either a credit card or bank account type of account.

As such you wouldn’t be able to have two accounts linked to the one bank feed and instead you’d need to use journal entries to move the amounts from one account into the other and just use the one account going forward.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds Linked Account Error - Live Services Cannot Merge Bank Feed Accounts

Hi Neil, 

thank you for your reply, I have two seperate feeds for two separate accounts, connected ready to go, but I cannot pick either of them to start them feeding through? I just get the aformentioned error message.

I am working in the 'new Essentials' software.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,277 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,277Posts

1,573Kudos

1,878Solutions

Hi @bluediamondred 

To help pin down whether this is an issue for just those two accounts are you able to create one new account that is set up in the same fashion, including the type of credit card and see if you are able to select that account successfully.

If the new account is able to be linked successfully that would indicate that its account specific and you’d have to use new accounts to be able to get those feeds into your file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil, 

I have bit the bullet and created new accounts in my chart of accounts to attach my two loan accounts for the bank feeds, this saved successfully. However, now when I click on Banking> Bank Transactions, I get a screen asking me to "Connect your bank and we'll do the rest"....I already have bank feeds connected Smiley Sad

So I am now unable to access my transactions pages for the bank account I have already connected to feeds (another account aside from the two I was having trouble with) and the two new ones??

I don't understand what is happening and why this is happening? This is super frustrating, to have a feed already working, then have to change the other two accounts so they can feed in, only to have no access to any of the bank feeds for coding??

May you please help!!

Bank Transactions Page.JPG
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,298 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,298Posts

249Kudos

359Solutions

Hi @bluediamondred 

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. We have noticed that you contacted our phone based team today who have escalated this issue and arranged for someone to call you.

Please feel free to post if you have further questions regarding this and we do apologise for the inconvenience caused. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post