4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds MYOB Essentials

Hi

I'm quite new to MYOB Essentials and have a couple of issues I'm not sure of and would like some advice on how to process them.

I have several identical Debit & Credit Bank Feeds from my Amex account which also appear on the Statement.  I would say it was an internal error with Amex.  How should I allocate these so my bank feeds reconcile at the end of the quarter?

Also, I paid a deposit on a product from my Amex account and didn't go ahead with the purchase.  The Company I was making the purchase from has returned the payment minus $4.50 admin charge.  How do I process this as well.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
475 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

475Posts

71Kudos

65Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds MYOB Essentials

Hi @Jenny62 

As they are indentical DR and CR transactions you could create a Suspense account and enter those transactions through Spend/Received Money, allocating the amounts to the Suspense account with tax code N-T. Once all transactions are entered you would be able to match your bank feeds and the Suspense account would have a zero balance. 

To record the returned deposit you would need to create a supplier return and then process the supplier return 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jenny62
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Tracey, yes that does help.

I thought that may have been the answer but just wanted confirmation.

Jenny62
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi again Tracey

Must be the month for it.  I have another scenario for you.

Amex applied reward payments to our account and then we paid those same amounts straight back off the card.  How do I record these so I can match them to the bank feeds.  Process a Supplier Invoice and Return as well?

MYOB Moderator Tracey_H
475 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

475Posts

71Kudos

65Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Jenny62 

This is a trickier scenario for me to answer because I'm not permitted to give tax advice.  I'd recommend you check with your accountant about the applicable tax codes.  

I did find this post, ANZ Business one cash back , which is a similar situation to yours and @Kym__Yeoward has provided a solution for.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post