Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

125Posts

18Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds keep stopping Essentials

I have a client who has been on Essentials for many years.

This month the bank feeds stopped working on 31st October but we didn't notice till the 11th Nov or thereabouts. 

I rang MYOB and was told it was a MYOB issue and that it would take 3 business days to resolve so 5 days including the weekend.  So by the following week, after Bank feeds contacted me twice, they worked again and they all downloaded but then instantly stopped again.

We took a few days to realise again that they'd stopped so rang MYOB on 20th November, spoke to a helpful man called Ajay and he got them working within 3 hours.  He said it was a "tool" in MYOB's back end that had caused the problems and now all was fixed by the bank feeds team.

My clients notified me last night that bankfeeds stopped working again after the last feed came through on the 19th.

I've been trying to ring MYOB Support since 8 am this morning but the number is permanently engaged.  

I also emailed Ajay this morning - no reply.

It's very obvious that each time whoever restarts our bankfeeds (credit card and cheque account) only does enough to download what hasn't come through, they're not bothering to actually fix the reason bank feeds keeps stopping.

I don't want this to be a continuing cycle of me on the phone for an hour every few days to get the next lot of bank feeds to come through.

So I'm hoping by putting it out on the forum, I"ll embarrass the bank feeds "team" into actually fixing our bank feeds properly, not just fudging it each time to get rid of us.

First ticket number was INC 0252860

Second ticket on 20th Nov was 1760669844093

26 REPLIES 26
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
4,306 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,306Posts

319Kudos

450Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds keep stopping Essentials

Hi @carolineh

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had. I'm happy to take a look into this for you, can you please send me a private message with your clients serial number and email address. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Goldcom
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

Yes - I am having the same issues with ANZ feeds. Time for the MYOB guys to admit they have an issue and resolve it rather than feigning innocence and offering to look into it.

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,204 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,204Posts

5,453Kudos

5,940Solutions

Hi @Goldcom 

Yesterday (25/11/2020), we did become aware of an issue that prevented ANZ (and Westpac) clients from accessing their recent bank transactions. This situation is something that our team is still monitoring. More information on that situation can be found on Bankfeed delays: ANZ and Westpac 25/11/2020

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Lisa_BBP
Trusted Partner
103 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

103Posts

81Kudos

5Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Could you please advise if this issue has been fixed as my client still hasn't received bank feeds from 27/11/20?

I note this answer was posted 2 weeks ago?

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @Goldcom 

Yesterday (25/11/2020), we did become aware of an issue that prevented ANZ (and Westpac) clients from accessing their recent bank transactions. This situation is something that our team is still monitoring. More information on that situation can be found on Bankfeed delays: ANZ and Westpac 25/11/2020

carolineh
Trusted Cover User
125 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

125Posts

18Kudos

3Solutions

You have to ring MYOB bank feeds each time it happens and get it fixed.   Apparently it some "tool" in the back end of their system that they know about that glitches.

I found that it was fixed 3 times but only for long enough to be live to that day.  Then I had to ring again.

When I posted on here, it got fixed permanently (well so far anyway, I haven't checked it today!)

If you just sit and wait, nothing will happen.  Ring the Support number and ask for Bank feeds.

Lisa_BBP
Trusted Partner
103 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

103Posts

81Kudos

5Solutions

Hi @carolineh 

Thank you so much for your honest feedback.

I have found that the problem is not fixed properly yet.

I will ring support (again!) to ask MYOB to fix the problem (again!)

Goldcom
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

10Kudos

1Solutions

They fixed ours after responding to us on these forums. I didnt need to ring them.

Lisa_BBP
Trusted Partner
103 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

103Posts

81Kudos

5Solutions

Hi @carolineh 

After spending 30 minutes on the phone with MYOB support I was told there was an issue last week but no new reported cases until now.  They have lodged yet another incident report and was told to wait.....

Seems strange that my AccountRight client has their bank feeds and my Xero clients have their bank feeds from Westpac, yet this particular ESSENTIALS client's feeds keep stopping.

There is nothing else to do but WAIT..... tick tock tick tock

carolineh
Trusted Cover User
125 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

125Posts

18Kudos

3Solutions

Sorry to say but I think you got someone dud at MYOB and you need to ring back and try and get someone more switched on.  They've given you a line, quite frankly.

Our issue started on 31st October, again around 19th November, etc.   So it wasn't just last week.  Each time I rang, I got a different story as such but they restarted them  but only to the date that I rang them.

Until I basically chucked  a public hissy fit on this forum, no one actually fixed the problem in such a way that they started working again and kept working again.   

My clients were with Westpac but it was never suggested that there was a problem with Westpac, it was a known glitch in Essentials back end.

Ring again and insist on a fix or you'll be waiting another week!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post