Bank feed deposit

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank feed deposit

How do I allocate a bank feed deposit to an account plus match the balance to invoices?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,967 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,967Posts

5,004Kudos

5,401Solutions

Re: Bank feed deposit

Hi @NickiBlake 

With your MYOB Essentials, you can only use allocate or match a bank feed transaction. You are not able to match a portion of the transaction and then allocate the rest.

However, what I would be doing is manually creating the bank transaction i.e. Banking>>Receive Money and then create that transaction. You can then use the match option to match the bank transaction to the invoice and the manually created banking transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Thanks for the reply but I'm still confused!  I've created 3 deposits using the "banking, receive money" function.  The first deposit is fine as I can allocate that to an account.  The next two deposits I need to allocate against customer invoices but there doesn't seem to be an option to do this?  And now I also have a double-up in bank receipts as I have the bank feed amount + the 3 deposits I've created??  Help!  Thanks.

Nicki

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,967 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,967Posts

5,004Kudos

5,401Solutions

Hi @NickiBlake 

I would more look at the bank transactions and what they are for.

• If those transactions are for a customer payment then you would be looking at entering a Sales>>Take payment transaction in.
  • If it is a situation where you need it to be allocated to an account you would need to enter a Banking>>Receive money transaction.
  • If it is a combination i.e. a bank transaction is 75% a customer payment on an invoice and 25% needs to be allocated to an account, then enter the Take payment transaction in for the required amount and also enter in a separate Receive money transaction in for the required amount.

Once you have manually entered those transactions you should be good to go to match the MYOB Essentials transactions with that on the bank transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post