1 Post
User
ChloeX

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bankfeed incorrectly auto-matching

Hi Everyone,

My bank feed auto-matched money received to an incorrect invoice. It matched the value of the sum to the an old invoice that was not overdue or waiting for payment. I'm not sure what's happened and I was unaware of the issue until the customer gave me a date they paid thier invoice and thats when i found the auto-match was wrong. However the description of the transaction was the customer reference so I'm not sure how essentials got it so wrong? I'm hoping for a suggestion on how to prevent this in the future?  I have solely been relying on bank feeds and never cross checking with bank statements - maybe I need to be doing that... TIA!

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,563 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27563Posts

3242Kudos

4043Solutions

Re: Bankfeed incorrectly auto-matching

Hi @ChloeX

When a bank transaction does come in MYOB Essentials will attempt to auto-match the transaction. It does this based on a combination of factors that include the date and the amount. The system will not look at the description of the transaction to determine the matching (excluding allocation rules). 

Generally, you encounter a situation where the transaction has not auto-matched to the desired transaction when the date of the transaction doesn't match the required one or the amount is different. This is one of the primary reasons as to why the transaction does remain listed on the Bank transactions window so you can review the auto-matches to ensure that they are matched to appropriately before proceeding.

*Provided Banking>>Manage rules>>Auto-match bank transactions to MYOB Essentials transactions is enabled

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post