CANNOT SEE INVOICE NUMBERS - TOO MANY ZERO'S

chrisbrown
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

CANNOT SEE INVOICE NUMBERS - TOO MANY ZERO'S

When viewing raised invoices the field shows V0000000 then the actual number. The number cannot be seen without clicking on the field itself. Attempts to correct via customised forms but no success.

3 REPLIES 3
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

78Kudos

138Solutions

Re: CANNOT SEE INVOICE NUMBERS - TOO MANY ZERO'S

Hi @chrisbrown 

Thanks for your post.

What is the software you are using? Could you perhaps send me a screenshot of the window where you can't see the entire invoice numbers?

A way to solve this could be to shorten the invoice number. If you change the invoice number, you’ll change the automatic numbering. For example, if you change the number to 001, the next time you create an invoice, the new invoice number will be 002.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

chrisbrown
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, we are using both Microsoft and Apple Computers for our MYOB Essential. Browser is Microsoft Edge. 

But with your new update our invoices are now showing seven (7) Zeros then the actual invoice number and all of these characters do not show in the allocated column.

Is there a way of perhaps expanding the column or reducing the number of zeros. 

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

78Kudos

138Solutions

Hi @chrisbrown 

Our invoice numbering defaults to 8 characters, so you would see 7 zeros and a number 1-9 and it will then go up to 6 zeros and a number 10-20. You should be able to see the entire invoice number on your screen. For more information check out this help article: Viewing invoices

As it seems like a display issue, we do recommend using Google Chrome, rather than MIcrosoft Edge, as your browser. 

Let me know if this solves it for you!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post