Can't apply credit note to customer invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't apply credit note to customer invoice

Yesterday I posted about not being able to process Supplier Returns.  Today I can't process a customer return.  I have read all the relevant posts and everything on my system is as it should be.  We have recently begun charging our clients a surcharge on some of our products.  This surcharge is refunded to the customer when certain conditions are met.  Now I am just as frustrated with Customer Returns as I am with Supplier Returns.  Being unable to process returns means I have invoices piling up on my desk and I am unable to complete my bank reconciliations on time, etc.  How can this be resolved?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,303 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,303Posts

1,059Kudos

900Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Can't apply credit note to customer invoice

Hi @Tektite 

If you are trying to process this against an Invoice, all Invoices shown must be open with an Amount Owing in order for the Amount to be processed against.

Without knowing the details of what happened, if the Invoice is closed due to the payment + Surcharge and the extra Surcharge added more to the payment creating a Customer Return. You could either:

1. Open the Original Invoice and add a transaction line to increase the Invoice total enough for the payment to fully apply
  2. Create a new Invoice for that customer for the Surcharge and apply the Return to the new Invoice.

If you could let us know how this Credit Note was created this might help us provide the best advice.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Can't apply credit note to customer invoice

Thank you Hayden.  It is working now.  Such a relief.

Tektite

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post