Can't process supplier return

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't process supplier return

I am unable to process a supplier return.  In the Process Supplier return menu, I select the return and then click apply to a bill.  The correct supplier comes up with a number of invoices but not the one I need to apply the return to.  I have tried to apply the return from the Bills window and from the Process supplier returns window.  Neither will work.

I have checked the invoice for any errors but can find none.  I have read previous posts about this problem. I have an email address in the correct place but this has made no difference.  I have struck this problem several times before and in the past have waited for even a couple of weeks to go by, and I have been eventually able to process the return.  We deal with a number of returns and it is frustrating that this function is not working properly.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,085Kudos

5,487Solutions

Re: Can't process supplier return

Hi @Tektite 

To apply a supplier return to a bill that particular bill would need to be open i.e. there will need to be an amount due on the bill you wish to apply it to. 

If you are finding a Bill not appearing in the Apply to a bill window for a supplier I would make sure that the selected bill is open i.e. there is an amount due on it and is going to that selected supplier (i.e. you don't have two suppliers with similar names).

If you are still not showing that bill in the Apply to a bill window we would need a screenshot of the Bill and one of the Apply to Bill window not showing that transaction to investigate further.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve

I again tried to apply the return to the supplier (the return was for a purchase made this month) and I noticed that the only invoices coming up were those for purchases in February 2019 which I hadn't marked as paid yet.  I paid all the February 2019 bills for the supplier on MYOB Essentials.  Then I  went to apply the return again and this time all the March invoices for that supplier came up and I was able to complete the process.

But I still have a supplier return that I entered for the 13/03/2019 for an invoice for the same date, that I can't apply the return for as the invoice does not show in the Apply to Bill window.  And today I created 2 supplier returns for March invoices, and one I could apply to the correct invoice and the other I can't at this stage.  This is just weird!

Highlighted
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I have 2 supplier returns I need to process for the same supplier and I am unable to do this.  I have attached the screenshots for one of these transactionsScreen Shot 2019-04-03 at 2.05.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-03 at 2.06.49 PM.png

There should be 10 unpaid bills for this supplier showing in the Apply to a Bill window.  I don't know if you can see where I have gone wrong.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,453 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,453Posts

5,085Kudos

5,487Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Tektite 

Based on the information and screenshots you have provided, I just wonder if its a browser display problem. Looking at the Apply to a bill window, you don't seem to have a scroll bar on the right-hand side and the position of that table looks slightly pushed to the right. Just testing on mine, you should see something similar to:

Attachment2.PNG

I wonder if you can try on another browser i.e. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox - can't tell what browser you are currently using but it has the Safari or Firefox look to it. Alternatively, try clearing your browser's cache.

Love to know how you get on with that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Contributing User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve

Oh wow, what a difference changing your browser can make!  Many thanks.

Tektite

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post