Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cancel MYOB Subscription

Hi, I would like some help please in cancelling my subscription. I have tried several times by calling 1300 555 151, the first time I rang at 1pm WST and was told the department was closed and to call back. The 2nd time I was told that the entire department is in a training course and to call back. This is becoming increasingly frustrating, it shouldn't be so difficult to cancel a subscription!

10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,787Posts

1,378Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Cancel MYOB Subscription

HI @Whittos

Sorry to hear your having difficulty in getting through to our cancellations team, who can indeed be reached on 1300 555 151. That said I am happy to pass the details of your request onto our cancellation team. So that I can do this are you able to send me a private message with the serial number that you want to cancel.

Note that as per the MYOB Essentials Terms of Use, cancellations do need to be received at least 10 days before the end of the month.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AM_2019
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Have had to cancel two subscriptions for clients both times the most ridiculous excuses and it took over a week ...department closed, will call back (Never call back). Best excuse was two days ago when the operator told me to hold (20 mins) while he filled in forms to cancel the subscription to pass on to the right department because it was too late in the day.  Really? Are we supposed to get frustrated and leave the subscription live? Is that the plan. So unprofessional and utterly disappointing. Why I don't receommend it for clients any more.... 

PortMacWhite
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I have had trouble contacting the team as well.  You continue to take my monthly subscription as well. 

Please help.  

Chris W   

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @PortMacWhite  ( @AM_2019 )

I'm sorry to hear that you have had trouble in contacting the team to discuss your enquiry. If you would like to send me a private message on the Forum with your product serial number and best contact number I'll be happy to pass that onto the team to get in touch with you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Neridah
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I have had the same issue over past couple of months in trying to cancel my MYOB, so paying for a service I don't use for a business that is not operating.  My initial fallback was to downgrade my subscription to limit how much it is costing me.

Considering how easy it is to subscribe online, you would think there would be an option to unsubscribe online as well - rather than needing to contact a call centre which doesn't answer.  Very frustrating.

Would love to have someone contact me so I can cancel my subscription.

Thankyou

Regards

Neridah

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Neridah 

I'm happy to arrange for that callback from the team for you. Do send me a private message with your best contact number and product serial number so I can arrange that for you.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

thowden
1 Post
User

1Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

I am another paying customer who is frustrated with the hoops that appear to have been created to deter customers from cancelling.

MYOB Developer subscription that I am trying to cancel.   Have been since the start of March. I only have so much time that I am prepared to listen to the 'muzak'. The 17 minutes on hold again this morning was the last time I will call.

It is a classic rip-off in this day and age with a supposed tech company still arguing for 10 days notice to fill in the forms.

Tony

Tony

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,787Posts

1,378Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @thowden 

Sorry to hear of your difficulties in trying to cancel your developer subscription. As this is a little different to our normal subscriptions I have sent you a private message with regards to cancelling your particular subscription.

This private message can be accessed by clicking on your forum display picture in the top right hand corner of the screen and then choosing the envelope icon that appears

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Christan1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have alsohad a lot of trouble cancelling my MYOB subscription. I have called 3 times, the first I was put on hold for over 30 minutes and then hung up on. The second was July 16 when I requested cancellation and was told it would be done and an email confirming would be sent to me. Neither was done. The third time was July 26 where I was again told my subscription would be cancelled that day. I have just been charged again Aug 2 on my card even after I spoke to a representative and wasvery clear I would be disputing any further charges to my card. I will be calling the Department of Fair Trading and the Obudsman Monday and filing offical complaints as well as requesting my money be returned. This is hands down the worst business I have had to deal with.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post