Mol
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cant match transaction to Payrun

I have been using MYOB essentials accounting and payroll for a year but have only just started using the new version. I find it really confusing and wish they never changed it.

I did my first payrun yesterday which looks fine and the transaction has appeared on my bank statement today but when I go to match transaction the payrun from yesterday doesnt appear.

Can anyone help with this?

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
40,421 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

40,421Posts

5,478Kudos

5,969Solutions

Re: Cant match transaction to Payrun

Hi @Mol 

Bank transactions will go through to the appropriate account that you have selected for those feeds in the Manage bank feeds section. For payroll matching, you want to ensure that the bank account used for those transactions is that same account. 

For payroll transactions, there are three linked bank accounts. You can see the accounts used within Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll. The linked account that is used is based on the payment method listed on the employee's card. This can be reviewed by selecting the employee's record and navigating to the Payment details.

In terms of matching that pay transaction already recorded, I would recommend reviewing the bank account for the bank transaction and the one used for that payment method. If that is not the same, navigating to the payroll transaction (Banking>>Find transactions) and updating the payment method to be correct would be the way to go.

It should also be noted that the same principles still apply, bank transaction dollar values still need to be the same, the date does need to be similar and the transaction can't already be reconciled in the Reconcile accounts window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post