19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Changed details of a "matched" transaction and stuck in the middle

Hi,

Kindly note that I usually open a fews tabs of the MYOB for my easier reference, and I have a situation now.

I unmatched a general entry for adding details (in case of any other changes needed) in tab 1, and updating the general journal in tab 2. I have forgotten to refresh the general journal page before updating the details. When I saved it, a warning popped out but the data were saved.

Then I found that those "once unmatch transactions" no longer available for me to rematch, nothing shows up for matching in the bank transaction page. So I checked the bank reconciliation page, those "once unmatch transactions" were there. On the other hand, another set of tickable "once unmatch transactions" shows unconcilized. Something is duplicated in a wierd way and I cannot match the general journal to where it should be.

I cannot match or unmatch anything, nor delete or change the general journal. Please kindly advise what I can do. Thank you.

Regards,

Mabel

2.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Changed details of a "matched" transaction and stuck in the middle

Hey, 

Anyone from the MYOB can help with my problem???

It has been a week and no one gave any response at all!!!!

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @mabelwmp 

Those transactions would be listed in the Bank reconciliation window as they would have been placed against the bank account. This can be seen by navigating to Banking>>Bank transactions and entering suitable filters for those transactions.

In terms of correcting that situation, what date are you running the Bank reconciliation window for? You need to be looking at running it for a current date, selecting Show reconciled and then unticking those transactions before saving. This will make those transactions become unreconciled.  You would then be able to ensure to that they match up with the actual bank transactions that have come in so you can match the transaction which, in turn, should mark them as reconciled.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M 

Hi Steven,

I would have done so if I could.

Please note in the bank transaction page, those transactions have already been un-matched.

They show "Allocate me", and there is nothing for me to match.

That's why I said I am stuck in the middle and ask for help.

Please ask your technician what I can do, or if they can delete that specific general journal for me because I cannot delete a "reconciled or matched" general journal. 

I think it is a bug of not having everying synchronised, as I have never had this problem when I was using the desktop version before.

I am losing my patient with MYOB for the long waiting time and nothing has been solved.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @mabelwmp 

Can you please provide additional information into what date you are running the Bank Reconciliation screenshot for? If it is an earlier date, if you enter today's date does the transaction appear when selecting Show Reconciled? If so, can that transaction be unticked and the window Saved?

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M ,

Are you kidding me?

Please take a more detailed look of my original post.

https://community.myob.com/t5/MYOB-Essentials-Accounting/Changed-details-of-a-quot-matched-quot-tran...

It is not about the reconcilation date, it remains the same even if I put today's date on it.

The problem is I do not able to match the general journey back to the bank feed, which was once available. And that general journal cannot be deleted, because the system said it is matched already. This is why I think it is a bug.

Come on, this is not the first day I use MYOB, please ask your technician to look at it.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @mabelwmp 

The reason I am focusing in on the actual reconciliation side of things is that once a journal entry line has been reconciled it will not appear for matching within the Bank transactions window. So based on the screenshot from your initial post the transaction has been reconciled and thus this is the reason why it not appearing for matching. 

If you want to match that journal entry lines to the respective bank transactions you want to unmark those transactions from reconciliation and update the reconciliation. Once that has been completed those transactions will be available for matching.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M ,

That's why I said it looks like a bug.

I cannot see where those transactions are reconcilized to. Do you have a way to chase them so that I can locate and unmark them?

Do you have teamviewer or can you access my account so that you can take a look of the case directly?

It is a waste of time for me to keep discribing the problem and you keep explaining something else on your end.

I understand what you are talking about, but it does not help.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,527 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,527Posts

5,095Kudos

5,500Solutions

Hi @mabelwmp 

Based on what information we have available in the limited screenshot you have provided the system does appear to be working as intended. 

My recommendation would be to go to Banking>>Bank reconciliation, set the Reconciled date to be today's date. Ensure that Hide Reconcile (left-hand side) is displayed. Navigate to the required transactions to see if they are ticked. Should they be ticked you would want to untick those transactions before selecting Update reconciliation. This will allow those transactions to be matched to those bank transactions.

If those transactions are not ticked following the above process we would need a screenshot of those transactions in the list including the top of the Bank reconciliation window showing the reconcile date.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M ,

I can find those transactions (circled in red box).

They are ticked in grey boxes, which I do not able to untick them. They show "alloacte me" on the right hand side. Clearly, those transactions are not allocated yet.

On the other hand, I have entered the general journal (circled in blue box), but I do not able to match them to their relative transaction. All I want is to match those general journal back to their transactions. If I do not have them matched, all those amounts would be duplicated.

And where can I find that "Update reconciliation" button? I can only see "save" and complete reconciliation at the bottom of the page.

1.jpg

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post