MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Client files & transferring ownership

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner LouiseG
27 Posts
Partner
Australia
LouiseG
Partner

27Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Client files & transferring ownership

Hi,

I am fairly new to all of this, so if this has been answered before, please excuse me!

I am a Professional Partner and have set up a file for myself in Essentials.  Do I need to "Transfer Ownership" of this file?  Can I just continue to use it from my partner log-in via the Partner Dashboard?  If I can continue to use it in this way, are there any restrictions?

Also, I have a client who is currently using Quick Books and is looking to possibly change over to MYOB Essentials.  Is there a way of converting her Quick Books data (items etc) so that she doesn't have to re-key anything?  She is reluctant to change if there is a lot of work involved or high costs (money is tight).

Thanks for your time,

Louise

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner Dee-Workman
1,157 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner

1157Posts

857Kudos

252Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Client files & transferring ownership

Hi @LouiseG 

As a Certified Consultant you get your one file to use for yourself and can use from your partner login.

With Essentials you can import contacts and items.  With Reckon Accounts you would need to set-up in excel as per the Essentials specifications to import these.   You would then need to enter opening balances for accounts and accounts receivables and payables to start the file.  

Partner LouiseG
27 Posts
Partner
Australia
LouiseG
Partner

27Posts

3Kudos

2Solutions

Re: Client files & transferring ownership

Thank you Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?