Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Conversion errors from Edge to Essentials

My client was recently converted from Account Edge v4 to MYOB Essentials, 12months of data was bought across as journal entries, but MYOB have not done it accurately and no transactions are showing any gst at all !   So we either need MYOB to rectify the issue to ensure the data in Essentials matches the data as we had originally entered in Edge or alternatively I need to view the old Account Edge transactions (which were correct!) so I can do some journals in Essentials to correct everything.  I am not an MYOB partner, which seems to be the only way to  open the Accound Edge data file on a PC.  Can you please advise if there's a way I can access the data file on my PC ?

or if MYOB will fix the conversion problems?   Or provide me some reports from our old data so I can get all correct figures and closing balances etc ?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
38,352 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,352Posts

5,223Kudos

5,634Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Conversion errors from Edge to Essentials

Hi @TanyaM 

When migrating data to MYOB Essentials, older transactions are migrated as transactional journals. The transaction journal being the impact on the accounts. In terms of tax codes, typically the migration transaction journals will have the tax code NTR (Not Reportable), and then any GST amounts are adjusted for as a separate line on that journal entry.  As a result, BAS/GST reporting in MYOB Essentials won't be accurate for periods prior to the conversion - see Help Article: Just moved from AccountRight or AccountEdge? for more information. So what you are describing is intended behaviour for that migration of AccountEdge data to MYOB Essentials.

Should you need to have those actual tax codes on that transaction you would be looking at manually updating those records as required. If you are needing to open the original company file to review those transactions it would need to be opened in the original version that the company file has come from. For example, if the file has come from AccountEdge v18 you would need to open that company file in AccountEdge v18. It should be noted that AccountEdge is a MAC OS based application and is not able to be installed within a Windows environment. If you are needing to open that file you could look at either obtaining access to a MAC OS directly or through a VMWare/virtual environment.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, Thanks for explaining that , we werent aware migrating data to MYOB Essentials would be as journals and this has caused problems as the journals have not been entered correctly

My client lodges BAS annually so I need the figures from the old system to be able to lodge it, as BAS/GST reporting in MYOB Essentials is not accurate , however my client is no longer able to access the program and I am not a Partner so I cannot access it either.  Can someone from MYOB access the data and send me gst reports so I can lodge the BAS ?  

I have the data file but cannot open it as I am not a MYOB partner which I am led to believe is the only way to access it on a PC.  My client can no longer access the data at all on her Mac, it wont open, as support to that program has ceased hence the switch to Essentials.  I am needing to open the original company file to verify the data but cannot access it.  Can someone at MYOB assist and run all the relevant reports from the Edge so I can re reconcile accounts and start the new financial year with the correct opening balances?

I have no idea what this means : "If you are needing to open that file you could look at either obtaining access to a MAC OS directly or through a VMWare/virtual environment" 

MYOB Moderator
38,352 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

38,352Posts

5,223Kudos

5,634Solutions

Hi @TanyaM 

We don't offer a service to arrange for the company file to come in so we can run reports for clients. However, we may have an alternative solution that should allow you to run those reports. Would you mind sending me a private message on this Forum with the AccountEdge and MYOB Essentials serial numbers, so we can arrange for that alternative solution.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post