Correct an 'out-of-balance'

R1ngSt1nger
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Correct an 'out-of-balance'

I'm new to this, we run a very small short-term rental business and just looking at reconciling the bank account (we import the feed).

Can't seem to get the calculated balance to match the actual bank balance. I think the reason is because we spend from three different bank accounts, and I've been recording the transactions against the one bank account (yeah my mistake).

I just want to be able to 'write off the error', and start from scratch without mucking around. I don't want to go through a year's worth of transactions and change the spending account, as it's not really important.

Is it a journal entry that I need to do to make the adjustment, or just 'spend money'.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
7,889 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,889Posts

655Kudos

1,233Solutions

Re: Correct an 'out-of-balance'

Hi @R1ngSt1nger 

If you don't want to fix individual transactions with the correct bank account, then you can consider using general journals to update the account balances. Generally this means you'll need to work out the total figure to be moved from one bank account to another, then record the journal accordingly with detailed notes. It can also be recorded as Transfer Funds/Spend Money/Receive Money transactions depending on your preferences/needs.

It is best to discuss with your accountant about how to enter these journals so that your account balances are fixed and reported correctly. I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post