Cost of sales report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
VickyTr
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cost of sales report

Hi!  I’m a retailer, I sell items from my stock.  Is there any way I can get a “cost of sale” report for sold items in MYOB Essential? As I create items list I can record there “sale” and “buy” price (“cost of sale”). How can I get a balance/report for that “Buy price” ? I don’t need to manage the inventory, so don’t really want to pay extra for Account Right.

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,427 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,427Posts

1,006Kudos

303Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Cost of sales report

Hi @VickyTr

Only AccountRight will give you that sort of information - Essentials is too basic for that.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Re: Cost of sales report

Hi @VickyTr

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

As MYOB Essentials doesn't track items its doesn't account for cost of sales therefore you are unable to get a report based on that value or the buy price. The buy price is a used as a default for Bills and is a non reportable field.

The only way that I can see getting a report on a value is by running the Reports>>Bills>>Bills by supplier report. This report will show the item detail and will show you the amount at which that items where recorded at. As the Buy price is a default for the Bills provided you haven't changed that it will be show you the buy price. Do note that if the Buy Price has been changed on a Bill it may not be a feasible report to show that information 

If you would like to see that as a potential feature in future updates I would be showing your support for Add purchase price to Items List report on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange. You can show your support for an idea by selecting the + VOTE button.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post