Experienced Cover User
ThorInd
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Creating a cash sale invoice

Hi All

Can you please run me through creating a Cash Invoice. We get a few small cash sales from customers, mostly a different customer each time. How do i create a standard cash sale invoice i can use as a generic invoice. Can i setup a standard invoice too use each time?

Thanks

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
26,179 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

26179Posts

3030Kudos

3841Solutions

Re: Creating a cash sale invoice

Hi @ThorInd

Typically, if you do a large number of cash sales and don't typically get (or need to get) the customer's name you would record those transactions using a Cash Sales based customer contact. So instead of having customer "ABC" on that transaction, you would have "Cash Sales" as the customer. If you do need to create that Cash Sales customer contact this can be created via Contacts>>Create contact - this contact can be created as normal just add in the name Cash Sales before selecting Save (no other details are required).

Once that contact has been created you would just need to enter that contact on the relevant invoice when you make that sale i.e.

Attachment2.PNG

Also to answer your other enquiry, MYOB Essentials doesn't allow for the user to set a "Standard" invoice to be used each time. However, you could use the duplicate button to take a copy a pre-existing invoice. For example, say you are recording an invoice transaction for the same services each time, you would enter the details for that invoice the first time. When you next record an invoice and wish it to use that same (or similar information) select to open that first recorded invoice and select the Duplicate option, enter/adjust the invoice before saving that second invoice.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner DuncanS
1,629 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
DuncanS
Ultimate Partner

1629Posts

1336Kudos

145Solutions

Re: Creating a cash sale invoice

@ThorInd @Steven_M

If you are giving the Tax Invoice to a client/customer, then the client name should be shown and the wording Paid.

You may have a generic Cash Sales Tax Invoice and record the Client Name in the Description.

If you are recording Cash Sales in MYOB and have no need to issue Tax Invoices, you could use Receive Money.

Some Accountants use a monthly/quarterly Journal.

Duncan 

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post