5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Credits NOT carried over from Accountedge Pro to Essentials

After our migration from AccountEdge Pro to Essentials, I noticed both my Sales and Bills Reconciliation reports showed an Out of Balance Amount.  The cause being that any credits from overpayments in the sales side, were not brought over.  I can total up all my credits from Account Edge Pro and that totals the Out of Balance amount.  With the bills side, this also comes back to credits from June awaiting allocation to a July or future bill.   Essentials did not make a 'transaction' for these credits. Essentials just bundled them all up hence showing a combined Out of Balance Amount. 

I have rang a few times and I have not got an answer to fix it.  I have entered both customer and sales returns for each item dated the 1st July 2020 (as advised by MYOB).  This gave the customers and suppliers their credits but did not alter the Out of Balance Amount.

Can you please shed some light?  I will be on leave for a couple of weeks but will look forward to an answer.

Thanks

Kirsti

1 REPLY 1
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
3,391 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,391Posts

342Kudos

518Solutions

Re: Credits NOT carried over from Accountedge Pro to Essentials

Hi @SB033 

The Returns/Debits should be transferred over via General Journal along with other transactions when you migrate from AccountEdge to Essentials. If you have created credits in the system, and still have an out of balance amount, we would recommend looking at this support note for instructions on how to process the created returns. Additionally, we strongly recommend you have the Essentials file verified and confirmed by an accounting advisor to ensure nothing is out of the ordinary. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post