Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Dashboard - GST

The GST to Pay heading on the dashboard, does NOT display any amount. It is $0 when I know there should be a substantial figure here!

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

166Solutions

Re: Dashboard - GST

Hello @bettings 

The amount of GST payable that shows on the dashboard in Essentials can be misleading as it does not necessarily represent the actual running balance owed. The "GST to Pay" calculations come from the GST Amounts collected in the current GST Reporting Period (replacing the previous) and also depend on what is set up in GST Settings. Or, from our Help Article regarding the Dashboard: You'll see how much GST you owe to the ATO based on your transactions for the current period. 

Note too that if you have made a Journal Entry (or any transaction) to reduce the account balance, this is not included in how the field calculates as those Journals would have an NTR code. You should have a link to click on for GST to pay that'll show you how it calculated this. Generally, this field on the Dashboard is purely for noteworthy purposes and not necessarily something to use if you are preparing a BAS or other GST reports.

Please see these other posts with a similar query for other explanations and information regarding this: here, here, and here.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My problem with Essentials Dashboard is that BOTH GST to Pay, and GST Refundable, show $0.00

These 2 headings have NEVER had any amounts in them, eventhough I have checked the actual GST account settings.

MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

166Solutions

Hello @bettings 

Aplogies as I should have checked before: is your GST in Essentials set to be Annual reporting? If this is so, the GST to pay and GST refund fields will not appear on the Dashboard. With Annual reporting, the period is set for the full current year, and as such that setting does not provide a running total as you would tend to deal with that at EOFY rather than look at it on a per month or quarter basis.

If you did wish to get the values for the GST to Pay and GST Refundable when you are on a GST Annual reporting setting,  you would be looking at running the Reports >> All reports >> Business reports >> General Ledger Details for the GST Paid and GST Collected accounts for the period of the start of the financial year to the required date.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

No, I checked, and the GST reporting is set to Quarterly.

I understand your reply with Annual GST Reporting, but this isn't the case, here.

MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

166Solutions

Hello @bettings 

I can see quite a few products linked to your account when searching with your email address used here on the forum. Could you please clarify which platform of Essentials you are using - which screen does your dashboard resemble, the left or right?

essentials.JPG

To my knowledge there are no current issues that would prompt $0 to show in the GST portion of the dashboard but I will investigate further based on which version you are using.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It is the picture on the LEFT.

I have two clients using MYOB Essentials Accounting; One always has the correct GST in the Dashboard boxes, yet the other one always HAD $0.00

I say "HAD" because, today I checked it again, and it now has the correct GST in the 'GST to Pay' box for the December Quarter.

Hopefully it has fixed itself, now; OR you fixed it!?

MYOB Moderator
1,327 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,327Posts

109Kudos

166Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello @bettings 

Glad to hear things have resolved themselves. Sometimes this can happen; the software may experience an odd fluke for an unknown reason and then fix itself. Apologies for the inconvenience and if this does happen again, please don't hesitate to post again and we will be happy to investigate further.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post