Delete a Duplicate Pay Run in MYOB Essentials

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Shizzle66
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Delete a Duplicate Pay Run in MYOB Essentials

I am preparing a client's BAS Return and they use MYOB Essentials.

They recorded two pay runs for the same pay period (dated 12/08/2016) as the first one was incorrect and they did not delete at the time. I have tried to utilize the MYOB support instructions to fix this but have come to a problem.

I was advised to delete all the later pay runs recorded for that month (August) first, which I have done. However, when I go to delete either of the two duplicate transactions I receive an error for each of them that says the other has to be deleted first:

Error 1: Wages from this pay have been used in the pay transaction dated 12/08/2016 to calculate superannuation. You must delete that pay first and click Save.

Error 2: You can delete this transaction only after all the later pay transactions have been deleted in the month of August and the employee is saved. How can I fix the payroll records?

So I'm at a stand still as I can't delete either of them as they require the other to be deleted first - it is indeed a vicious cycle - has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it? I want the payroll records (including leave accruals etc.) to be correct in MYOB otherwise I would record some journal entries to fix the accounting side of things.

7 REPLIES 7
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Delete a Duplicate Pay Run in MYOB Essentials

Hi @Shizzle66,

First of all, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

From what you described, it appears that both transactions are paid on the same date is confusing the system. The system is thinking there are still later transactions in the month to be deleted (assuming all other pays dated later in the month have been all deleted). 

I would suggest doing the following to delete these two pays:

- Record a dummy pay for this employee, set the paid on date to 1/8/2016, the gross payment in this dummy pay needs to be more than $450. 

- You shall now be able to delete one of the 2 duplicate pays, save the change.

- Go back to Pay History to delete the remaining one of the two.

- Delete the dummy pay. 

If you are unable to delete the dummy pay in the end, due to it's affecting the superannuation calculation in another pay, then it means there are still another pay dated later in this month to be deleted first. Payroll transactions are reported based on their paid on date, not pay period, you'll need to drill into payslip PDFs to check the payment date and find the pay in question. 

Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shizzle66
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi CloverQ,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes the two duplicate entries both have the same 'date paid' on there (12/08/16).

I have entered a dummy pay with a payment date of 01/08/16 with gross wages > $450 ($600). However, I still get the same errors as before and am unable to delete either of later pays from 12/08/16.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Shizzle66

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Shizzle66,

Thank you for the update, it's a shame that this method did not work for you.

In order for us to look into this further, we would require additional information. Could you please respond to my private message, so we can process it further? 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Shizzle66
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hello - just confirming this has now been solved thank you, after deleting the later August pay runs I did not click the 'Save' button right at the bottom of the page so it wasn't registering them as having being deleted even though they were no longer appearring. Thank you for your help!

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Shizzle66,

Thank you very much for the update, great to see we were able to get to the bottom of it, glad I could help! 

If you ever need our assistance again, please do not hesitate to post again at any time. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Blender
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I have the same issue and have completed all the steps you mentioned - I know have 3 pay runs for 1 employee on the same day and cannot delete 2 of the incorrect ones. Same error messages coming up as other user.

Could I trouble you to please help me out as well? 

Thanks so much

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,193 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,193Posts

507Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Blender,

First of all, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Just to confirm, did you get both of the error messages mentioned in the initial post? If so, please do the following:

- Delete all other payslips paid later in that month, save the change.

- Delete one of the 3 pays that gives the error 'You can delete this transaction only after all the later pay transactions have been deleted in the month of....", save the change.

- Repeat the above process to delete another one, save the change.

- Lastly, the pay that originally gives the error 'Wages from this pay have been used in the pay transaction ..." can now be deleted also.

Please do let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post