Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Delete all leave accrual in MYOB Essentials with Payroll

We transfered from AccountEdge to Essentials in March 2021 so have done 4 payruns on the new system. Employees payslips and pay history for these 4 pays are showing leave and even if I uncheck 'Pay annual leave and personal leave' or make entitlements zero it keeps reverting back to allowing leave. Currently all employees are casual so the leave is incorrect and I don't want it on payslips. From reading other posts and answers it seems like this can't be changed? Any one able to help?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,070 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,070Posts

72Kudos

127Solutions

Re: Delete all leave accrual in MYOB Essentials with Payroll

Hi @DebblesC 

Thanks for your post.

Payslips in MYOB Essentials show the pay information relative to the time of recording the pay. For example, if you entered a pay, updated the pay rate for the employee and then reprinted the pay slip it will still show the old pay rate. This is a similar thing to leave for that employee; when recording that previous pay they were (according to the system) entitled to receive that annual leave and just because the setting has been removed will not stop it from their previous already recorded pays.

If those annual leave values are required to be removed from the recorded pays, you would be looking at deleting those pays in MYOB Essentials and then reprocessing again with the Pay annual leave and personal leave option disabled in the employee's record. MYOB Essentials Help Article: Changing or deleting a pay would be able to assist with that process.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DebblesC
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Yanike. I was going to try that but didn't want to send those pays through to the ATO again. Can I delete and reenter a pay without advising the ATO through STP?

Thanks for your help.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,070 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,070Posts

72Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @DebblesC 

Every time you declare a pay run to the ATO, it updates the Year-to-Date amounts. If you don't declare this pay, the report will sit as unsent in your Payroll Reporting Centre. If you decide to send this later, after you have declared other pay runs, it will mess up your numbers as the ATO only looks at the YTD amounts of the latest report sent. 

Read more here about this: How does Single Touch Payroll (STP) work.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post