Partner Zone

Eftpos options

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
carolineh
Trusted Cover User
157 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

157Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Eftpos options

Hi!

I'm just wondering if anyone has an eftpos option they can recommend that works well with Essentials.

My client used to use the MYOB Card reader and it was brilliant (I think others might have had trouble but he didn't) but MYOB no longer supports it.

He's an electrician so doesn't need the eftpos all the time, just for extra jobs that turn up on site.

They use PayDirect when they can but it's not as convenient when he's right there with the client and can get them to swipe their card immediately rather than chase them later!

He tried Square but Square takes over MYOB and you have to invoice all work through Square.  They have probably 5% of their sales that need Square so they would prefer to invoice via their home computer for more detail.

All they need is any easy swipe card machine that will link easily to MYOB.  

Does anyone have anything they can recommend that is really working for them?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Eftpos options

Hello @carolineh 

As far as payment options go, MYOB does recommend using the Invoicing App, MYOB PayBy, or Kounta. It sounds like Kounta might be more of what your client is looking for, as it's similar to square but communicates more efficiently with Essentials. Have a look at the links and feel free to send an inquiry message should you like to speak to a member of the team for more information. 

Another MYOB user in the community might have some other options for you based on their own experience, but I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

carolineh
Trusted Cover User
157 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

157Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Eftpos options

Thanks very much Emily for your suggestions!

I've passed it on to my client and they will try Kounta.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post