Employee reimbursement/Petty Cash

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Jess_L
3 Posts
Cover User
Jess_L
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee reimbursement/Petty Cash

Hi all, 

I am new to MYOB essentials and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction when it comes to reimbursing employees. I asked the business accountant and they suggested using a petty cash system, I am wondering if there is anyway of doing this without using actual cash?

I am hoping I can somehow pay directly into a bank account without it being included in payroll?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner Seattle
1,526 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Seattle
Ultimate Partner

1526Posts

1244Kudos

142Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Employee reimbursement/Petty Cash

@Jess_L

Jess,

In the old days before EFT remittances or corporate Credit Cards for employees, or ATM's or merchant facilities a Petty Cash Tin was used. 

Employees would keep their Invoices (now Tax Invoices) and provide a weekly Expense Summary for reimbursement.

The time period would differ from firm to firm ie some employees would claim after each transaction.

I suggest a Weekly Expense Summary may still appropriate and the employee can be paid by EFT.

A business should have a control that the employees are only claiming for business expenses.

Hope this helps.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Jess_L
3 Posts
Cover User
Jess_L
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Employee reimbursement/Petty Cash

Thanks for the reply Duncan.

Implementing an expense sheet sound like a much better option to me, eliminating the need to have cash on hand is definitely a positive!

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post