Entering Bills for payments not products

Stable88
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Entering Bills for payments not products

We import products and get bills from our freight company for the GST component of the imports.

I would like to enter these invoices as bills, but there doesn't seem to be a way to create an item for gst.

If I enter is as a payment made I don't see a way to enter the invoice prior to paying so it shows as an invoice owing for our weekly reporting.

Any thoughts on how to manage this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,802 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,802Posts

193Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Entering Bills for payments not products

Hi @Stable88 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. 

From what you've described the way to account for this in Essentials, generally speaking, would be to create a bill or spend money, and then have a line for the GST collected or paid account (depending on the situation) and then use the tax code NTR. This then allows to record the transaction in the system and allocate to the proper account.  If you have further questions on how to report this I would suggest speaking with your accountant. 

I hope this helps. If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ultimate Partner IanChait
1,032 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,032Posts

746Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Entering Bills for payments not products

Hi @Stable88 

The way to record GHST on Imports is as follows:

Create a New Bill

In the first line record an amount of 11 times the GST on Import amount GST Code GST and allocate it to Purchases

In the second line record the amount of 10 times the GST on Import amount as a negative,  GST Code N-T also allocate to Purchases

The balance owing on the bill will be the GST amount, and it will also show up correctly in the GST Reports.

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post