Error transferring between accounts

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Error transferring between accounts

I have made an error when transferring funds between accounts. Essentially, even tho we have spent the money that was transferred, the account is still showing the transferred funds being available (it’s doubled up). How do I correct this? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,415 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,415Posts

545Kudos

518Solutions

Re: Error transferring between accounts

Hi @AliSadope 

Thanks for your post. So that I can better assist you with this can you please let me provide me with screenshots of both the transaction and where you are seeing the double up. Please make sure you remove any sensitive information from screenshots before posting them on the forum.

Once I have those screenshots I'll be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, thanks for responding. I'm going to struggle to get screen shots but i'll try and explain my error. 

We had two accounts. A term deposit and a current (cheque) account. The term deposit was manually updated each year when the interest was paid. The cheque account is updated with bank transactions.

We closed the term deposit and moved the money into the cheque account. Unfortunately, i didnt do this as a transfer. I closed the term deposit and allocated the transferred funds to the relevant area. MYOB thinks we still have the term deposit money (it was moved to pay for new equipment). Any suggestions on how I can fix it? Thanks again for responding.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,415 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,415Posts

545Kudos

518Solutions

Hi @AliSadope 

Thanks for that information. Can I clarify how you allocated the transferred funds to the relevant area, eg did you record a Receive Money transaction and what accounts did you use? Is it possible for you to delete that transaction and record a Transfer funds transaction?

To send screenshots you can use the snipping tool and then when replying to a post, click on photos and upload those snipped pics. Just make sure you remove any sensitive information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Thanks again for responding. I’ve managed to sort it out.

Cheers

Ali

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post