Contributing User
JamesWinters
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Error when exporting data

I am trying to export data for my auditor, I enter the start date as 1/1/2017 and the ned date as 31/12/2017 - these dates are the start and end of my finanial year.  But when I press the button I get an error about dates having to be in same financial year as shown below.

Screenshot 2018-04-16 19.55.50.png

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,569 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25569Posts

2942Kudos

3732Solutions

Re: Error when exporting data

Hi @JamesWinters

The error message indicates that your MYOB Essentials may be running on a different financial year setup. If you go to the Business Details page*, what is showing in Financial year settings i.e. Financial year? If that doesn't show January to December, your MYOB Essentials is running off a different financial year setup and may need to be adjusted to run it based on a calendar year.

Note: If changes do need to be made to the Business Details page don't forget to select Save after making that change(s).

*You can access your Business Details page by selecting your Business Name (top right) and selecting Business Details from the drop-down menu

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing User JamesWinters
6 Posts
Contributing User
JamesWinters
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Unfortunately - that is not the problem. My year is set correctly. This must be a problem at MYOBs end. I successfully exported this a week ago but my accountant wanted me to post some journals and then export it again. Now it won't export.
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,569 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25569Posts

2942Kudos

3732Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @JamesWinters

We recently identified an error with MYOB Essentials where the financial year is different from the standard financial year you will encounter a "Dates must be in the same financial year" message when using the Exporting data for your accountant function. This has been lodged with the relevant team to investigate further for a future update.

Currently, the workaround is to complete 2 exports; one for the first half of the period up to 30/06/20xx (for Australian MYOB Essentials Business or 31/03/20xx (for New Zealand MYOB Essentials Businesses) and then another export from the 01/07/20xx or 01/04/20xx (depending on Country) to the date required. This may be a cumbersome workaround for some clients and their setups.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post