Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Essentials Migration Quotes Missing

I just migrated from MYOB Accountright to MYOB Essentials. All my quotes are missing? Invoices and contacts have come across with a few small issues but the quotes are completely gone? How do I resolve this? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,073 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,073Posts

5,031Kudos

5,422Solutions

Re: Essentials Migration Quotes Missing

Hi @MYTRXSHN 

As outlined on the Migration and Conversion services FAQ quotes are not migrated as part of the migration process. Should these records need to be added they would need to be done manually by the user post migrate

Moving to MYOB Essentials
If you are converting to MYOB Essentials, only certain data can be brought across from your
existing file. This includes:
 Customers
 Suppliers
 Items list (no stock levels)
 Chart of Accounts with opening balances
 Open invoices (excluding Time Billing invoices)
 Open bills

Any other transactions, such as closed invoices/bills, banking transactions, payroll transactions,
open Time Billing invoices and disbursements are migrated as General Journal Entries.

Any other data not listed above ‐ such as quotes, employee cards (eg employee names, pay rates)
and reconciliation data ‐ is not brought across.

MYOB Essentials Help Article: Quotes has more information on entering quotes in MYOB Essentials.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Is this a joke by MYOB! Because I move across to a more practical MYOB product that actually cost my business less a year they decide not to migrate improtant information. If they can migrate invoices they need to explain why they cant migrate Quotes? 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,073 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,073Posts

5,031Kudos

5,422Solutions

Hi @MYTRXSHN 

The migration of MYOB Essentials will migrate transactions that impact accounts. For example, an invoice would impact an account and thus we migrate that data. A quote transaction does not impact any accounts and thus is not brought across as part of the AccountRight/AccountEdge to MYOB Essentials migration.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

So like I thought. It's not that they can't migrate the information, it's just that they wont. Even though I did ask them before the migration. I've been on hold all morning to the help line trying to get a resolution. After endless time on hold and call backs it's very clear. MYOB  does nothing to help business. They dont offer products best suited to the customer. Insted they offer what makes MYOB more money.  MYOB wont move customers across thier own products seemlessly either. Why would they if they stand to lose. The best part is I can keep my information on MYOB account right and switch offline. This allows me to work with my historical information. Better still XERO are going to migrate all the important information my company requies and put that into a full cloud based system. They are charging me zero for the migration and its a huge cost saving in monthly subscription. All the things MYOB could not do. So thanks MYOB for painful years of business dealings, hours and hours on hold, system failures, dud updates, over charging and poor customer service. 

MYOB Moderator
37,073 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,073Posts

5,031Kudos

5,422Solutions

Hi @MYTRXSHN 

Sorry to hear that you do feel that way.

As I have mentioned, quotes are not migrated as part of the conversion to MYOB Essentials. The primary reasons for this are that no accounts are affected by quotes and thus are not included as part of the migration. If you are needing to have those quotes in the MYOB Essentials Business these would need to be manually entered after the completion of the migration.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post