Essentials Pay items - Percentage of Base Rate??

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User Jayde
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Essentials Pay items - Percentage of Base Rate??

Is MYOB going to add the option to have pay items be calculated as a percentage of the base rate?

I.e. casual loading, penalty rates or leave loading rates being a percentage of the standard base rate?

Seems an incredible shortfall on MYOB's behalf to not have this option, as it's now a very manual task to calculate and input these rates for all employees individually. 

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Re: Essentials Pay items - Percentage of Base Rate??

Hi @Jayde

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Currently, Pay Items in MYOB Essentials can either be set to a fixed amount or a per hour amount. To my knowledge, the ability to set a percentage of employee's pay rate for a new earning is not something that we are actively working on with the MYOB Essentials range. Although, this may be something that we do look into for the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

reneehouk
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This response refers to the Hospitality Award

Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday penalties and annual leave loading are all a percentage of the base rate in our Award. Why on earth would MYOB not have the ability to click on percentage under the rate button in the "edit earnings tab"? 

We have staff on 8 different award levels. Instead of selecting 4 "edit earnings" I have to calculate 32 penaltys, enter 32 "edit earnings" and then apply them to 19 members of staff. How ridiculous.

Contributing Cover User Jayde
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I'm dealing with hospitality and retail awards and the overtime alone is ridiculous. Updating each of them for the 1st July pay increase is going to be such a treat.

MYOB needs to look at this as a matter of urgency because I would absolutely recommend that our clients use Xero for payroll purposes over Essentials at this stage, and I imagine that I wouldn't be the only one. 

CAMEX
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

Saw your response on penal rates and it seems much like a cop out to me. I see posts from others who, like me, have to go through a painstaking process of updating a whole range of items unncessarily. We pay a reasonble amount for this package and serioulsy we expect better than such a glib resopnse.

Regards

Graham

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Hi @CAMEX

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials Pay Items.

As mentioned, we don't have any immediate plans to update MYOB Essentials to be based on a percentage of the employee's pay rate at this time. However, I have shared your comments with the required team.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOB Staff Post HaydenW
12 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
MYOB Staff Post

12Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Graham and everyone else on this thread. 

Just wanted to give you an update that we've just released a pay rate multiplier into Essentials. 
This will make life considerably easier when working with penantly rates, etc. 

To find out more, check out this post

This is part of some work to deliver a few small but very important features to payroll in Essentials this year. 

Thank you to all of you for you patience while we worked to deliver this - and for posting your feedback. 
Keep it coming!

Cheers, 
Hayden

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post