Essentials - Recipient Created Tax Invoice Supplier

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
oliverh
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Essentials - Recipient Created Tax Invoice Supplier

I have a client who is hoping to create RCTI's within Essentials as a supplier. While I've found that Essentials doesn't have this built in to the software itself I was hoping someone had found a work around (either within MYOB or via an Add-On). The best solution I've found so far is creating a bill and printing this as a purchase order (see attached PDF).

Our client purchases livestock and on-charges a Marketing Fee to the buyer. Within Essentials it seems to be calculating correctly (the Marketing Fee & Govt Levy are correctly negative amounts, refer to attached screen cap) however when printing the PO to PDF the negatives dispappear and the total Inc GST is adding the negative amounts.

If anyone has a better work around or suggestion that would be great.

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,385 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,385Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Re: Essentials - Recipient Created Tax Invoice Supplier

Hi @oliverh

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

We are aware that when recording Bills in MYOB Essentials negative lines will correctly show on screen but when a printed copy is produced the negatives turn into positive thus show a different value. This has been raised with the required team for further investigation for a future update. Note: it is a display issue with the bill, the accounts and transaction on screen do record as intended.

The only workaround that I could think of would be to create a supplier return for the negative lines. This would then need to be applied to the Bill (without the negative lines) to show the correct total amount due. You would probably need to print/maintain a record of both of the transactions together for reference. I would be placing the Return number on the Bill so you can reference it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

oliverh
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the reply. I was more hoping to be able to print it and then just mark the one entry as an RCTI in PDF rather than having two separate transactions.

If there's no in-built MYOB solution do you know of any add-ons that could do this?

Thanks

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
39,385 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

39,385Posts

5,348Kudos

5,794Solutions

Hi @oliverh

Personally, I'm not aware of any add-on solutions that can achieve what you are after, however, I have not looked into all add-on solutions available to clients. If you are looking into potential add-ons I would recommend taking a look at the MYOB Add-on Solution Centre

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

oliverh
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, I've had a look there but couldn't find anything that does it. Found Business Importer (https://www.myob.com/au/addons/listing/312/business-importer/) but it seems to be limited to invoices, customers, etc and can't import bills. I've messaged them to see what they can do.

Cheers

ShereeB
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Oliver

We provide RCTI'S in order to take commission for a sale.  Could you please advise how you got around this?  There is no option to send it to the Supplier and the totals are incorrect still as you stated.  

oliverh
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sheree

No luck sorry. Business Importer advised that they aren't provided with the API required to import bills in to MYOB. Wwe are still manually doing up the RCTI's in excel to provide to customers and then just putting in as a bill in MYOB.

At this stage we are considering changing over to Xero from 1 July but still undecided.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post