Partner BruceMason
3 Posts
Partner
Partner

3Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Essentials compatibility with Tyro

I have recently setup a new client on Essentials and she uses a payment system called Tyro. Apparently this is an Australian system which has been around for quite a while but , to my surprise and dissappointment, the people at CC Helpline know little or nothing about it and there is NIL compatibility between Essentials and Tyro. This is especially annoying because Tyro also have a simple banking system that my new client uses and not only can I not get bank feeds but they do not supply downloads in any format other than PDF which cannot be imported into Essentials without some sort of conversion progamme to QIF which costs an additional $10 per month or more. To add insult to injury, Xero is fully compatible for bank feeds from Tyro so my client will probably convert to Xero. Is anyone aware of plans to bring Tyro on board for bank feeds or does anyone even know about this system which seems to be growing in popularity.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Re: Essentials compatibility with Tyro

Hi @BruceMason 

MYOB developer a series of APIs (AccountRight API, MYOB Essentials API, MYOB EXO API). These APIs are the connection point that third-party providers that can connect to their software into through our MYOB Developer Partner program. 

In terms of a particular add-on, MYOB are not able to advise on whether a particular add-on will connect and work with a particular MYOB product. It is up to the third-party developer to ensure that their product can work with the relevant API, MYOB offers assistance to those third-parties to ensure that the connection is working and that requests to the relevant endpoints are made. 

If you are needing to see if a particular add-on will be suitable for your MYOB product, as a general guide, we do recommend reviewing the MYOB Add-on solutions page. If your add-on is not listed or you would like to know more about the connection that it does offer we do recommend consulting your addon provider to ensure that it will connect to the relevant API.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner BruceMason
3 Posts
Partner
Partner

3Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven, 

Thank you for your reply but it is not very helpful. Firstly, the Add-on solutions page does not mention Tyro and the "relevant API" link only mentions ARL not Essentials. 

Secondly, I get the impression, from the tone of your reply, that MYOB doesn't bother to contact developers of new products which could benefit from access to your software but simply waits or them to contact you. I would qualify this as a pretty arrogant approach. Whilst I understand that MYOB has a prominent place in the market and I have been an enthusiastic supporter for the 16 years I have been running my bookkeeping business, I am not impressed with such an attitude and would have thought that someone would have the responsibility of keeping up to date with what products are in the market that would benefit from connection with MYOB. Clearly Xero does this because they are the only software package that supports Tyro at the moment and, in my conversation with Tyro, it appears that they have no plans to setup any sort of connection with any other accounting package.

I would say that I have been unimpressed with MYOB performance in recent times and this only adds to my disappointment.

Kind Regards
Bruce Mason
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

33,027Posts

4,413Kudos

4,789Solutions

Hi @BruceMason 

Thank you for your added feedback on this topic.

MYOB does reach out to various third parties to see about connecting their product with our APIs. The voice of the customer is also a valuable tool with that. If a number of their (current or potential) clients indicate that they are wishing to connect those third-parties may be more likely to consider integrations with different APIs. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post