Australia
Nicp181
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

GST Detail Report

Hi,

I have a general journal entry which shows a share purchase of say $10,000 to an asset account but is N-T for GST purposes.  I then have the brokerage component as a CAP amount so I can claim the GST on it (Say $21.95 including $2 GST).  This also goes to an asset account "brokerage on Share purchases".  For some reason, my Report is showing the Brokerage of $21.95 in the CAP section of the GST Detail report, and again in the N-T section of the report.  I would have thought it is in CAP section only?  What is wrong here?

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,651 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9651Posts

1044Kudos

1357Solutions

Re: GST Detail Report

Hi @Nicp181

The GST Detail report is designed to include every transaction line under the respective tax codes. This will mean that if you had entered a multiple line journal entry with different tax codes on each line then the entry will appear under each tax code.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Nicp181
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Nicp181
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil_M.  I realise this is the case, but the brokerage of $21.95 listed as a "CAP" expense is appearing both in the "CAP" section of the GST Detail report, and then again in the "N-T" section of the report.  The actual share expense of $10,000 is the N-T item and is not found anywhere on the GST Detail report - which is not what matters, it's that the same brokerage appears twice in two separate sections.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,651 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9651Posts

1044Kudos

1357Solutions

HI @Nicp181

I’m not aware of any particular issues with that report displaying information incorrectly. That said as each line will only have the one tax code associated with it, I would be going back and reviewing the transaction to ensure that each line has the correct tax code and that there is only one of each line.

It may also be worth changing the tax codes to something else, unique and then checking the report to see if that one transaction updates on the report itself. If it does this may force Essentials to refresh and update in the background

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Nicp181
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Nicp181
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil_M.  I will give that a try.  Good suggestion.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post