MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

GST Due on Dashboard

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
NaughtyBugs
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
NaughtyBugs
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST Due on Dashboard

Since we have clicked over to 2018 the GST Due figure on my company dashboard has vanished and the figure showing is $0.  I definitely have some GST payable for the Oct - Dec 2017 quarter and there was a figure there last week, but from yesterday it is gone.  If I create a GST Report for Activity Statement the BAS calculations using the figures on the report definitely indicate I owe money so why has the amount vanished from the dashboard?  I'm afraid that when I pay the GST to ATO and I allocate the transaction in MYOB it will stuff up the figures on dashboard because it seems to have forgotten I owe money.  Any deas?

7 REPLIES 7
Partner AlanT
1,121 Posts
Partner
Australia
AlanT
Partner

1121Posts

866Kudos

183Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: GST Due on Dashboard

@NaughtyBugs

Hi Sandra,

The GST shown on the Dashboard can be very misleading.

It only reflects the GST for the current quarter,so the dashboard is showingyou the GST owing since 1 Jan, 2018.

I have pointed out to MYOB that this figure is basically useless. but there has not been any change to make this more helpful.

In the mean time, please do not rely on this figure to calculate what your liability is to the ATO for GST.  You should only rely on the GST reports.

Regards,

Alan

@JamesR

NaughtyBugs
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
NaughtyBugs
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Alan. That explains it.

Experienced Cover User RickTCP
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
RickTCP
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

I agree. The way the GST to Pay rolls off at the end of the quarter is totally misleading and useless. Surely the system can be smart enough to continue displaying the GST to Pay for the previous quarter untill it is paid. It would not take up much room to have a second line for the new quarter.

Does anyone from MYOB read these posts?

There are anoying things like this that obviously other people notice and comment on and nothing ever seems to change!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,452 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30452Posts

3775Kudos

4441Solutions

Hi @RickTCP

Thank you for your additional feedback on this topic. 

As has been mentioned, currently the GST values on the MYOB Essentials will reflect the current quarter GST values. It has been brought to the attention of the development team that actively showing the GST values to be paid would be more beneficial to clients and provide more information. To my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to update that, however, it may be something that we actively look into for the future - I and image others as well can certainly see the benefit.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
RickTCP
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Any update on this?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
30,452 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

30452Posts

3775Kudos

4441Solutions

Hi @RickTCP

As mentioned on my previous post on this topic, showing that actual GST values to be paid rather than the current quarter's GST values for the Dashboard is not something that is on the immediate roadmap and not something that we are actively looking into at this particular junction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
RickTCP
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the answer Stephen.

I understand it is not on your current list, but please keep it in mind.

The dashboard is very useful, when everything is up to date, as a snapshot of my business.

For the "GST to be paid" to disapear at the end of the quarter is a glaring ommision on the dashboard up until when I submit my BAS.

Regards

Rick

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post