4 Posts
User
New Zealand

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

GST REFUNDS/BREAKING A TERM DEPOSIT

Hi

As a new user of MYOB Essentials I want to start off on the right foot... I have just received a refund claim from IRD - we have a ' GST Refunds/Payments IRD' account set up (we have bank feeds) so do I just allocate the transaction to this account or do I have to do the Receive money manual transaction?

Also how do I break a term deposit? the bank feed has pulled thru the amount into our  ANZ Online Call account from SBS bank but how do I break off my term deposit in my accounts list?  In MYOB cashbook I use to do a journel but it appears this won't work as it doesn't deduct it off the balance of my Term Deposit.  If I do a transfer it looks like it will create a duplicate entry to the call account. 

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
13,010 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,010Posts

1,539Kudos

1,829Solutions

Re: GST REFUNDS/BREAKING A TERM DEPOSIT

Hi @LouieB7 

I’d recommend speaking with an accountant for advice on how to enter in both the refund and the necessary entries to break the term deposit. They will be able to assist you with recording the relevant transactions so that they can be matched to the bank feed transactions coming into your file

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post