GST on my essentials is set at 9% ... why when gst is 10% how do I get this fixed?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User ColinS
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST on my essentials is set at 9% ... why when gst is 10% how do I get this fixed?

I spent an hour on the phone with no resolution. The GST for my company is set at 9% and not 10% what do I do?

14 REPLIES 14
Partner AlanT
1,182 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,182Posts

887Kudos

189Solutions

Re: GST on my essentials is set at 9% ... why when gst is 10% how do I get this fixed?

Hi @ColinS

To help understand this problem could you give us an example of where the GST is being calculated at 9%.

Regards,

AlanT

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GST on my essentials is set at 9% ... why when gst is 10% how do I get this fixed?

On all the invoices I create and on any receipts I receive. All the calculations are at 9%. When I go into the GST settings everything is set correctly and at 10%.

E.G. I create an invoice for a client and the GST field populates at 9% and not 10%

Partner AlanT
1,182 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,182Posts

887Kudos

189Solutions

Hi @ColinS

So if you create a new invoice for say $110, and the option called Amounts are is set to GST Inclusive, I would expect that the invoice would show that the GST amount is $10.

What figure do you get here?

Also, just to confirm, when you setup the account you did specify that you are in Australia?

AlanT

Partner AlanT
1,182 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,182Posts

887Kudos

189Solutions

Sorry, meant to attache this screen shot...

Screen.jpgAlanT

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

yes as per your screen shot ... if i create an invoice for 200 the vat amount comes up as 18.8  and not 20 as per the screen shot attached

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 12.37.15 pm.png
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

yes as per your screen shot ... if i create an invoice for 200 the vat amount comes up as 18.8  and not 20 as per the screen shot attached

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

the business is set up in austalia with an australian address and an ABN

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Any idea as to how to fix this problem? Nobody in this blog seems to be able to help and when i call the ques are an hour long - when I get hold of somebody they dont know how to fix it.

I am tempted to cancel my MYOB and just get another accounting software provider as i cannot afford to spend more time on it

Partner AlanT
1,182 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

1,182Posts

887Kudos

189Solutions

Hi @ColinS

Your screen shot looks correct if you have selected the option to have the amounts as GST inclusive.

If you sell a product or service for $200 inclusive of GST, then the amount of $200 is already 110%.

The GST is 1/11th of the sale price, not 1/10th.  So the amount of GST in this sale will be $18.18.

Regards,

AlanT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post