MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

GST

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User IanWilliams
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
IanWilliams
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST

I wish to change the value of GST on an invoice to a customer. How can this be acheived as this function was available using MYOB V19?

Ian Williams

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,511 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4511Posts

3257Kudos

714Solutions

Re: GST

@IanWilliams

The correct way to do this in both v19 and Essentials is to do a two line invoice line one is the amount that has GST, line two is the amount that is FRE. Doing it by clicking on the GST arrow in v19 means that you would be unable to reconcile your GST collected and would be under reporting GST free sales.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
IanWilliams
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ron.

I will try what you have suggested.

As I am still running V19 in parallel (to make sure Essentials is the package suitable) we issued the invoice to the customer using V19. The GST we had to round up as requested by our customer. As we are talking some thousands of dollars GST we agreed. Changing it in V19 was simple with no problems.

Ian.

4,511 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4511Posts

3257Kudos

714Solutions

@IanWilliams

I had totally misinterpreted your original post, thinking that you were trying to charge less GST. The method I mentioned  will not work in either program.

With such large sums involved I would be talking to your accountant with a view to moving this extra 'GST' to a separate account so that come any investigation your treatment is transparent. I'd also be making sure that the request to overstate GST is in writing.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
IanWilliams
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ron.

We are dealing with a government department which has sent us a payment advice showing the GST component paid is $0.28 higher than it should be. 

No doubt the ATO will not mind if they receive $0.28 more than they should.

I have tried your idea but are not sure if the format is correct.

Can you send an example of an invoice suggested?

Thanks.

Ian.

4,511 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4511Posts

3257Kudos

714Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@IanWilliams

I am sitting here shaking my head - if a gov. department can't get it right you really have to wonder. Having said that the very large softwares that gov uses are not great at decimal places.

I have done an invoice where the expected GST was $100 but where the requested was $100.28. So the initial sale become 100.28x11=$ 11103.08 , the 3.08 is then entered as a negative and N-T so GST figure stays the same and total is correct. It should work on either software and would stand up to an audit.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post