Partner Zone
Partner Zone

GST

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Barefoot
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Barefoot
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST

I have been using Essentials for a few years now. I charge GST and when I make up an invoice I simply click the GST exclusive option. Suddenly for no apparent reason, when I charge my hourly rate it comes up as $100 inclusive ($100 less $9.09 = 90.91) and not $100 plus GST. No idea how this happened. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User sholt73
912 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

Re: GST

can't find anything else on this, @Haydes - @Neil_M - @Kym__Yeoward ideas?

Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,447 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1639Posts

1025Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @sholt73 - my guess is that Essentials, by default, shows all Sales Items at their GST-inclusive price, when they appear on the invoice. Unfortunately the screen for setting-up or editing a Sales Item does not include an option to "show as GST-Exclusive on invoice". It's probably because most Essentials users would be tradies, who quote on a GST-Inclusive hourl;y rate.

You might like to go to the Ideas Forum and request that this feature be added.

A short P.S. for the Forum Moderators - @Steven_M and @Haydes

- When will a Clearwater demo file be provided for Essentials users ?

The Clearwater file in AccountRight makes it easy for Advisers and users to test new techniques (such as custom fields), before implementing them in the client's file.

Kym Yeoward, CPA & MYOB Adviser (CC)

Darwin (Palmerston)

Super User sholt73
912 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

Re: Account Right

my 2c would be a "request a demo" kind of option. other companies with online-only solutions do this also.

from my experience it would be:

1. user submits details for a demo
  2. a team provisions a demo and then contacts the user with the details

with how I've seen Essentials, this would be useful in this case. like a 30-day online demo and for MYOB Partners like @Kym__Yeoward, would be good for them to be given permanent Demo files to allow for testing as I can only imagine what these users would need to test before properly processing.

hope this gives myob an idea.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Barefoot

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, in your Item Setup the Selling Price is set as $100 (GST Exclusive as that is what the Item profile shows.

Then when on the Invoice, when you have chosen GST Exclusive on the drop-down as you create the sale it shows as $90.91?

Here's how I tested this:

1. I created a new Item and set the Selling to $100 GST Exclusive
  2. I created a new Invoice and set the Tax to Exclusive
  3. I then added the Item
  4. The Unit Price showed $100 as I would expect:

The Invoice:

temp.png

The Item:

temp.png

Could you confirm if this is a similar scenario?

Also @Kym__Yeoward & @sholt73, I'm not aware of any plans to implement something like this. However I've sent this to the teams here and I'm waiting to hear a response. To my knowledge Partners should be able to request a Demo file with pre-filled information from their Partner Manager without cost.

Though @sholt73's advice would be very useful for non-Partners who would like to use the software before buying.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post