Partner Zone
Partner Zone

General Ledger Report for listing ALL Expenses during the month

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User essentialuser1
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
essentialuser1
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

General Ledger Report for listing ALL Expenses during the month

Hi,

I need to report all expenses (Bills and Spend Money transactions) during the month and show which account they were allocated to. The only report I can find to do this is the General Ledger report, but it shows an 'opening balance' which makes the 'total' amount for the month incorrect as I just want the transactions during that month.

Can anyone help with a better way to get this report?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Super Cover User TomOnTuesday
224 Posts
Super Cover User
TomOnTuesday
Super Cover User

224Posts

45Kudos

40Solutions

Re: General Ledger Report for listing ALL Expenses during the month

If you just want totals by expense code then a P&L gives you that. If you want the transactions then a General Ledger(Detail) gives you that. While it does have a beginning and ending balance, the figure you want is "net activity", the second last column. General Ledger (Summary) is just a list of every account you choose, with total debits, total dfebits and net activity.

www.fixmybusiness.com.au
www.creativeabilitynetwork.com
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
essentialuser1
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply. I can't see a column with the 'net activity'?

Both the 'totals' column and 'balance' column include the opening balance in them so I can't just have the total of the activity for the month.

26 Posts
Experienced Cover User
essentialuser1
Experienced Cover User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

The 'Pay Bills Report' would be perfect if it included all expenses like 'spend money' transactions.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,089 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31089Posts

3929Kudos

4527Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @essentialuser1

Looking at the reports available in MYOB Essentials, I would suggest running the General Ledger Detail Report. This will show you the expense accounts and how much they have have been debited and credited over a period. It will also give you a balance of that account.

You mentioned that you have already tried to run this report but the opening balance was appearing. This is the opening balance of that particular account for the date of the account. If you didn't want to include that value you would be looking sending the report to Excel using the XLS button and manually removing those opening balances from the report.

The alternative would be the Reports>>Banking>>Bank Transactions reports. You would need to run it per bank account for the transaction types for the expenses you record i.e. Spend Money, Supplier Payment, Payroll for the required date range.

The other option would be the Reports>>Accounts>>Profit and Loss statement. This will show you an overview of the account movement over the period.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post