Coolon
1 Post
User
Coolon

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

HELP!!!! Starting a new financial year did not complete properly

Hi All, I have just rolled our payroll year & when I now go to log in it states Starting a new financial year did not complete properly. The file cannot be used, please restore your latest backup.

I am usually very good with regular backups but I have not backed up since the 5 June 19.

I have read on another thread that the data file team can repair the file. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,671 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2671Posts

2044Kudos

383Solutions

Re: HELP!!!! Starting a new financial year did not complete properly

Hi @Coolon 

I guess it is too late  to tell you taking a backup during FY rollover is crucial - more important than at any other time.

Not only does it capture all your data while it is still in the old FY (and this may be required for reports etc later on), failure at this point renders your file unusable. Given your last backup was recent, you may be better off restoring and re-entering data.  Before rollover make a backup with a clear file name like 'Pre 2019 rollover.zip'. This helps identify the correct file should you need it later.

Some FY rollover failures can be repaired, others cannot. Here is a link to MYOB's data repair page - https://www.myob.com/au/support/data-file-repair-services 

I suggest you try getting MYOB to repair your file. If they say the file cannot be repaired, try a 3rd party repair. I have contact details for one that has been able to rebuild some rollover failures that MYOB told the client could not be repaired, can be costly due to the amount of work than can be required.

Some 3rd parties repair over the weekend as well.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post