MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Has MYOB Essentials blocked bank feeds for Westpac credit cards?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User ld71
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
ld71
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Has MYOB Essentials blocked bank feeds for Westpac credit cards?

I noticed that our bank feed for our Westpac credit card transactions had stalled two weeks ago. We were issued a replacement credit card a week later (13-14 May) and I wanted to update the card number which is when I noticed no  transactions had appeared since 5 May.  I spent hours on hold trying to get though to the MYOB Bank Feeds Team, only to be abruptly put back on hold for another hour!! I then sent a detailed enquiry online last week but received no response from MYOB.

No answers whatsoever were available from the team which is utterly frustrating and a waste of my time on the phone -- and I pay increasing fees per month for this 'service"!

I contacted Westpac internet banking tech support and they advised me that MYOB had revoked the bank feed service for all Westpac credit cards.  They told me Westpac cards can no longer appear on MYOB bank feeds.

I have not seen any announcement (a la Commonwealth Bank) from MYOB Essentials about Westpac credit cards no longer available for MYOB bank feeds.

Can an MYOB representative please urgently advise as to the current status of bank feeds and Westpac credit cards?

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,788 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10788Posts

1210Kudos

1526Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Has MYOB Essentials blocked bank feeds for Westpac credit cards?

Hi @ld71 

If the bank has issued you a replacement card, then in the background they may have cancelled the old account on their end followed by creating a new account to match the new card. This has the adverse impact of stopping the bank feeds on the old card account, and requires a new application for the new card.

That said I have double checked with the team and they have advised me that we are still definitely providing feeds and taking new applications for Westpac accounts and credit cards. I’ve asked the team to look deeper into this, as to whether you were given incorrect information. This may take a couple of days for the team to investigate thoroughly but as soon as they have any information they will pass it onto you

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,788 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10788Posts

1210Kudos

1526Solutions

Hi @ld71 

Our team who were conducting the investigation have advised me that they have sent their findings through to you, and they have let me know the results too.

From what they advised me, it sounds like there may have been some confusion around the application process on the part of the Westpac person you spoke to. For clarity, you can indeed still apply for new credit card feeds, however it has to be completed with a paper application. Credit card bank feeds cannot be setup through the internet banking portal in the way that bank accounts can.

I do apologise for the confusion and hope this helps clarify the status of Westpac credit card bank feeds. In the event that Westpac credit card bank feeds were no longer going to be available rest assured we would make an announcement similar to that of Commonwealth credit card bank feeds to let our clients know

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User ld71
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
ld71
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

Thank you very much for your comprehensive response and follow-up on this issue. I have received the email from the team and appreciate this clarification of the status regarding Westpac credit cards and MYOB bank feeds. Obviously the two people I spoke to at Westpac were not fully across the situation!

Cheers

Louise
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post