Simon1906
2 Posts
User
Simon1906

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hourly rate set for each client

Back in the day when I used MYOB locally installed on my computer, there was an option in the card file or customer list where you could set a price for each client. Moving over to Essentials in the cloud has removed that option. Example;

Client XYZ gets charged an hourly rate of $50.

Client ABC is charged an hourly rate of $70.

When generating an invoice for client XYZ the unit price will be set to $50. The next invoice I create is for client ABC and the unit price field will change to $70. Currently, the unit price field is blank which means it needs to be entered eveytime. 

This speeds up the process when creating multple invoices and you won't need to remember what you charge different clients as their rates are preset.

Thanks

Simon

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31525Posts

4118Kudos

4597Solutions

Re: Hourly rate set for each client

Hi @Simon1906 

The ability to set an hourly rate in the card was a feature of AccountRight's Timebilling module. As this is a complex feature it currently is not available in our MYOB Essentials product range.

If you do need to set a specific rate I would be looking at setting an item up with that rate and then using that item on the invoice. For example, you might have "Service 50" which would be the service at the $50 rate, and then have another item which is "Service 20" which would be the same service but at $20. Do note that you would need to select the desired item for each customer.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Simon1906
2 Posts
User
Simon1906

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Hourly rate set for each client

Hello Steven,

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'll investigate using items.

Cheers
Simon
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post