MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

How do I create a very detailed sales report for an item not inventoried?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Verdant
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Verdant
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

How do I create a very detailed sales report for an item not inventoried?

I am trying to create a report that gives me a detailed description of something that was sold. 

We run a collective through my MYOB system and I buy items on consignment.  Each consignment supplier has a generic item code. But the products are not inventoried as our business does not own them. 

I can find a report that will provide a detailed description of our inventory but, not of any items that aren't inventoried.  

The consignment supplier needs a record of what was actually sold. Is there any way to do this without going into each individual sale?  (as that way will prove very time consuming)

4 REPLIES 4
Partner KaseyS
5 Posts
Partner
Australia
KaseyS
Partner

5Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: How do I create a very detailed sales report for an item not inventoried?

Hi @Verdant

I assume you are using MYOB Accountright. 

If you are after a report that breaks up sales you could try running the Sales (Customer Detail) report? 
That will show invoice line items for all customers you select within a date range. 

Let me know if this helps or if you are wanting more information in your report,

Kasey 

60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Verdant
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Kasey,

After a bit of work and ticking a few boxes, that did give me a lot more information that I needed. However, is there anyway to isolate the report to just one item number?  I don't want to send the entire report to each collective member. Each members' totals should really be confidential. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,546 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10546Posts

1174Kudos

1487Solutions

HI @Verdant

As the primary focus of the Sales [Customer Detail] report is the sales to each customer, it isn’t able to be filtered by a single inventory item. If you were wanting this report to show a single inventory item’s sales the report would need to be exported to Excel and then edited to just show sales for that single item.

You may also want to try the Sales [Item Detail] report. Unlike the aforementioned Customer Detail report this report is focused on the items sales and not the customer who purchased them.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Verdant
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Neil,

Unfortunately the Sales [Item Detail] report only shows the Generic Item Description, not the added description that was added at time of sale. 

It seems like exporting to Excel will be time consuming, when this really seems like something that could be done within MYOB with one little tick. 

Thanks anyway. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post