How do I unreconcile a transaction?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing Cover User Suevalakiv
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I unreconcile a transaction?

How do I undo a reconciled transaction that was autoreconciled by MYOB essentials?

Thanks Sue

8 REPLIES 8
Super Partner Tingety
358 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

358Posts

338Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How do I unreconcile a transaction?

Hi Suevalakiv,

When a transaction is auto-reconciled in Essentials. The best way to unreconcile it, is to find it under "Bank Transactions". And once you found that transaction, to set the allocation to "Allocate Me" in the dropdown menu.

Any auto-reconciled transactions will need to be unreconciled like this also.

Hope this helps!

Tingety.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,271 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,271Posts

514Kudos

0Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for your enquiry @Suevalakiv

I trust the detailed instruction provided by Tingety is useful to you. You can also refer to the Essentials Help Centre for more information regarding managing bank transactions that are automatically allocated.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Tingety,

Thanks for this, I have processed this so it is showing that it needs to be allocated, but in my reonciliation the figure still appears here and my balance is out by this amount. Do I need to undo the reconciliation and then delete this?  If so how do I do this or what should I do?

Thanks a million

Sue

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,271 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,271Posts

514Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the update @Suevalakiv

I assume you have Bank Feeds set up in your Essentials file, in this case please reconcile the bank account via Banking > Bank Transactions only, instead of using Banking > Bank Reconciliations.

As we do not know what has been recorded in your file, what is showing from the Bank Feeds and the reason why you would need to undo the auto-match, therefore it would be difficult to provide you with specific advice. 

However generally speaking, after undoing an auto-match in Bank Transactions, you would then need to match the bank feeds transaction to the correct transaction in Essentials, or allocate the amount to an account. Therefore please complete this step, and make sure there are no more unallocated transactions. Here is the Essentials help page for Reconciling unmatched transactions should you need. 

If you notice there is a difference between your bank balance and Essentials balance on the dashboard, please refer to the support note for more information.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks again.  But I need to delete the transaction completely.  It was a payroll and this was matched to the wages and salaries account as opposed to the actual payroll transaction. So it is not a matter of matching, I want to be able to delete the transaction completely.

Cheers Sue

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,271 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,271Posts

514Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Suevalakiv

I assume you want to delete the bank feeds transaction for the payroll amount, is there any particular reason you wish to do so? 

When reconciling accounts via Bank Transactions, you would need to match the bank transaction to the payroll transaction recorded in Essentials. If the bank transaction was incorrectly auto-reconciled by Essentials, you would need to undo the auto-reconciliation, then match it to the payroll transaction instead. 

Bank Feeds cannot be deleted from the users end, you can request the feeds of any given day to be deleted by emailing bankfeeds@myob.com, including your serial number, business name and the date(s). Please note all feeds on the same date will be removed, and there is no way to retrieve them once deleted. Once deleted, you would need to go to Bank Reconciliations then tick the payroll transaction to reconcile.

If you have further queries regarding the reconciliation, could you please provide some screenshots we are happy to look into it further.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Clover,

Yes the transaction was auto reconciled incorrectly, how do I undo the auto reconciliation?

Thanks Sue

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,589 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,589Posts

4,341Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Suevalakiv

As indicated by @Tingety above, to undo an auto reconciliation of a bank transaction you would go to Banking>>Bank transactions>>Find the transaction in the list of transaction and change the Allocate or Match column to be "Allocate me" in the drop down.

Do let us know how you get on and if you need further assistance in regards to that transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post