How do you process a creditor invoice that was paid twice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

How do you process a creditor invoice that was paid twice

How do I process a payment that we paid twice to a supplier.

I used to be able to apply to closed invoice in the AccountRight Basics but can not do in Essentials.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

630Kudos

1,224Solutions

Re: How do you process a creditor invoice that was paid twice

Hi @LyndaB,

In this case, you could create a holding account (bank account or credit card), then record a Spend Money transaction posting to the holding account first. In the future when recording bill payments for this supplier, you can choose the holding account as the Pay From Account. In the end the holding account balance should be 0.

Another option is delete the original bill payment, then record the total payment made against the same bill. It will automatically create a supply return for the overpaid amount.

Hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to let us know how you go. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Unfortunately this would not work as it relied on my memory of the double payment. When checking the supplier it did not show the double payment.  I had to create another invoice and put in DBLE PAY in the invoice so that it will show up when doing a check on the supplier.

When looking up if the developers where looking at the feature of payments against closed invoices (something that can be done on other versions of MYOB) on the forum the question was raised back in 2012!  Why does it take so long for the developers do program what the customers want?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
7,856 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,856Posts

630Kudos

1,224Solutions

Hi @LyndaB,

If you use the second method mentioned in my previous reply, simply record the total payment against the original bill, a supplier return will be created automatically. It will also be visible when you search for bills against this supplier.

Thank you for taking the interest in browsing the Essentials Idea Exchange board, you are more than welcome to post any new idea there or vote for existing ones. It will help our developers to identify the demand based on the votes and comments, so please make sure to cast your vote for the ideas you are interested in, it would help our developers to prioritise their work. 

Please do not hesitate to post again at any time if you have more queries. 

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post