MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

How to do you recoup costs from an employee?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User justine222
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
justine222
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to do you recoup costs from an employee?

We have let one of our employees go recently BUT we are having to incur costs because of this employee and we want them to be responsible for them and recoup our money from them. For example, they damaged our lifter and caused a mess with the hydraulic fluid from the lifter which a clean up crew had to be called in to clean up plus the cost of the repair guy for the lifter. We are also having to have the van he used detailed because of the state of it when we got it back from him (it is stated in our employment contract that the vehicles are to be kept clean and tidy inside and out). He failed to do this and the van is in a disgusting state. I know that I cannot reduce his hours to recoup this money but am I able to adjust his leave or add these on as "deductions"?

2 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,400 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4400Posts

3123Kudos

688Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: How to do you recoup costs from an employee?

@justine222

Unfortunately this is not the forum for such a query. There are several lawyers in the marketplace who specialize in in the field and your accountant may be able to assist you. Once you have advice there are ways of doing what you propose in MYOB.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Experienced Cover User justine222
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
justine222
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Re: How to do you recoup costs from an employee?

Thanks for ronatbas - I have had advice from my accountant and I don't think we can take it any further unless we retain a lawyer and I think that will cost more than the amount we were hoping to recover from him.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post