Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

How to enter a whole year of payroll in myob Essentials

How do I enter a year’s worth of Payroll in MYOB Essentials 

information I have is just what they have received ( ie next pay )

Can Essentials Payroll work on a steady weekly, monthly wage or must it be a pay by the hour

thanks

Tarzan250550

6 REPLIES 6
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,887 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,887Posts

205Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How to enter a whole year of payroll in myob Essentials

Hi @Tarzan250550 

Thanks for your post.  Have you recently moved from AccountRight to Essentials? If so please refer to the help article Just moved from AR or AE

If you need to enter a whole year of payroll in Essentials, you would need to process the pays in order to show record of where these amounts came from, as opposed to entering the full figure to start.  

Let me know if you need further information. If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Tarzan250550
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Good afternoon - thank you for your post

No I have not moved from AR to AE

if I process every pay individually then would I not be affecting my bank account ( which has been reconciled )

Thank you

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,887 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,887Posts

205Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tarzan250550 

Thank you for clarifying.  I looked up your account and it looks like you've been on Essentials for a while.  How have you been entering this information into Essentials thus far, as you mentioned this information has been reconciled already? 

I also realised I didn't address the second question in your first post (my apologies!).  "Can Essentials Payroll work on a steady weekly, monthly wage or must it be a pay by the hour."  For payroll you can set an employee wage to calculate on hourly or salary, and when you complete a pay run you can select the pay frequency such as weekly/fortnightly/monthly. I'll link some payroll help articles to provide additional detail below: 

Enter an employee's pay details

Set up payroll

Do a pay run 

Let me know and I'll further assist. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply and apology ( was not at all necessary but thank you )

Firstly this is the only client so far for whom have had to use PayRoll from scratch with an aim to go back to the beginning of the financial year (30-06-2020)

The client is a new one - thus all I have done so far is imported his bank statements to date and reconcile them.

It has now become apparent that he has not lodged his BAS for some period of time or rather his previous bookkeeper has not  despite frequent requests from him. 

So so I have been employed to 

1.   Lean matters up - not only bookkeeping but also with the accountant

2.  And if he is pleased we’ll ........

So hence the question about wages

All I have to date are Net pays paid out of the bank account - but no payroll - no Group Tax has been paid in his BAS and of course no Super has been paid ( a separate issue altogether )

So what I am trying to do is re-create the payroll ( I could of course do it in an excel spreadsheet for both Group and Super and commence the payroll for the next pay period.

Also some are paid weekly, some fortnightly

I am in the throws of endeavouring to obtain “the hourly” rates 

However this does not elevate the fact ( unless in your professional opinion you have a different idea ) that a payroll has to be created for annual leave purposes, I want to set up super payments, etc

I thank you in anticipation and your help to date.

Thank you

Tarzan25050

ps do you assist individuals in setting up matters and if yes what rate do you charge ??

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,887 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,887Posts

205Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tarzan250550 

No worries, happy to help! 

This does become a complicated situation with the information entered, yet to be entered, and the aspect of compliance with STP reporting.  It's important that the pays are entered in the accounting software and sent to the ATO for each pay run. 

If you want to make sure that the information that is in Essentials is accurate now that you've taken over, you could consider removing the information for the past three months and start fresh from information starting July 1.  However, I am not able to provide accounting and reporting advice so you should discuss the best course of action with the involved accountant. They should be able to assist and advise on this. 

We do not provide the service you mentioned, but we might have a partner on the forum who does if you wanted to reach out. 

I hope this clarifies, let me know if you require more information. If this answers your post please mark 'Accept as Solution'

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

50Posts